Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you confront OH?

(3 Posts)
Andrewsgirl Wed 06-Dec-17 14:47:01

Going through bad patch with OH- feeling invisible to him at the moment and things are not good between us and lots of arguements. Anyway I did something I'm not proud of, but when he was out last night I went though his old phone which still had access to all his messages and linked In etc. I saw some messages between him and a woman he bumped into on the tube, and he then asked her to go out for a drink after work one day. Now I have no context of their relationship, could be good old friends/ old colleagues etc, but there was no talk about- where do you work now or hint of it being a business thing. Anyway they arranged a date and then he bailed. Really don't know what to think. I'm scared to tell him what I've done and also that he won't tell me the truth, he's hardly likely to own upnif he had bad intentions! Should I confront him ? Thanks

RunRabbitRunRabbit Wed 06-Dec-17 14:54:01

You already thought he was cheating I assume if you took the opportunity to go through his phone?

Lets day you confront. What difference would the various possible replies from him potentially make to your decisions about the relationship?

Josuk Wed 06-Dec-17 14:54:58

OP - as you say things are already not good and you argue.
If you bring this up - you know which way it’ll go.
You’ll have yet another argument and it won’t go anywhere.

Look - sure - what he’s done isn’t great. BUT he bailed, as you say yourself. Who knows what he was thinking there. Does it really matter now?

So - either you need to work on your relationship and try to fix whatever isn’t working.
Or - leave. And for that you don’t need to look for a reason or pick an argument.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now