Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mumsnet you are awesome!

(4 Posts)
FrustrationNation Tue 05-Dec-17 19:48:29

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has advised me with my emotionally abusive stbxh. Unfortunately, he got worse and I had to report him to the police. He was released with a warning but it was enough to get him out the house.

We're now starting the journey to get my children on track, start contact etc. He is, of course, saying that it's all my fault, I'm abusive but I'll get through!

Thank you again everyone!

ChocolateHelps Tue 05-Dec-17 19:54:10

Well done you! I'm supporting a friend wuthering abusive husband who says it's all her and he wants a divorce but won't leave the house. A solicitor has suggested a restraining order before she does anything. I'm hoping that will be enough to get him out of the house. So bloody hard! You are a trooper. You give me hope for my friend!!

FrustrationNation Tue 05-Dec-17 19:55:38

My solicitor was going to go for an occupation order but he left first. It's really hard. I can't recommend enough getting in touch with your local women's aid branch, getting an outreach worker and talking to citizens advice. They have been amazing! Good luck to your friend

juliettaa Tue 05-Dec-17 21:16:34

Well done FrustrationNation. It's great news that you've found good support by reaching out to various agencies.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now