Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why is it they always turn it on you!

(7 Posts)
Clo456 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:39:02

Seriously I can't be the only person here?

It doesn't matter what happens it will always be my fault or I'm the root of the problem even if I haven't done anything!

I want to leave but I'm so alone no family and being eaten up by anxiety and panic attacks I'm lost!

I think I just need to vent I want to be in a loving relationship but how can you do that with no help instead you just watch years go by being unhappy because your scared to be alone?

stillstuckinsuck Mon 04-Dec-17 22:14:17

Have you thought about seeing a counsellor?

You are not responsible for anybody else's feelings and will be much happier when you can set boundaries. Having everything around on you can be a sign of being in an emotionally abusive relationship.

You are stronger than you think.

stillstuckinsuck Mon 04-Dec-17 22:15:02

Having everything turned around on you...

foodie456 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:47:59

I'm currently waiting to see one with mind I'm on their waiting list and have been for the last few months sad

stillstuckinsuck Tue 05-Dec-17 06:41:27

By acknowledging the problem and seeing that he is not being fair or honest you have taken the most important step.

Have you thought about finding a counsellor more quickly? You can sometimes get affordable counselling in your area. I managed to. Have a look on the internet for local therapists and their rates.

category12 Tue 05-Dec-17 06:46:12

Your anxiety and panic attacks are fuelled by being in a shitty relationship where you're told everything is your fault. Your mental health would probably improve out of the relationship.

Being alone isn't worse. It's calm, you discover how competent you really are, you discover yourself and you decide your own priorities, and you're not living under the cosh of constant criticism.

foodie456 Tue 05-Dec-17 11:39:03

I've tried to find local counselling but I'm not working due to having spinal surgery sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now