Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating whilst pregnant?

(14 Posts)
GreenMum13 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:38:24

What are your opinions on dating whilst pregnant?

I'm on my own (husband has left) we haven't been in a 'relationship' for 6 months really but there was a blip and I'm lucky enough to be carrying his baby. (We also have a little boy of 5 together). We are definitely not together.... that ship has sailed!

Is there any point in dating other people whilst pregnant? Surely it won't lead anywhere?

Ive decided to do this on my own but it'd be nice to have some company?!
I hate the thought of sitting on the sofa alone for 9 months!

I'm not saying I'd do it, I'm just interested to see if anyone else has?!

RebornSlippy Mon 04-Dec-17 21:42:21

If you want company, why not spend time with your actual friends? Dating while pregnant by someone else is a bit weird in my honest opinion.

inthenameotheweeman Mon 04-Dec-17 21:47:14

Is your husband going to be involved with the baby?

If so, I’d be very surprised at any man wanting to be involved in that scenario, if I’m honest. Even if he’s not, I think it would have to be an existing friendship that naturally developed during the pregnancy, rather than someone brand new choosing to date a pregnant woman.

I wouldn’t be doing it.

Pinkpillows Mon 04-Dec-17 21:52:49

I wouldn't have sex with a strange man whilst pregnant not only is it yuk but think of health of your baby std could be damaging

Learn to be by yourself for a bit do you good

loveyoutothemoon Mon 04-Dec-17 21:58:29

I wouldn't bother...a bit degrading.

Babyg1995 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:59:29

I wouldn't TBH surely this time is all about the baby not going on dates with other men .

Leslieknope123 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:03:35

My friend dated a pregnant lady, got attached then brushed off the minute the baby was born and the father was around more. Really hurt him (even though he knew it was inevitable ) don't string someone along just for company, make friends, see old friends, don't :date for the sake of it x

GreenMum13 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:03:38

Thanks guys!

This is along the same lines as I was thinking.

Tbh I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Its interesting to see what others think sometimes 😉

Only1scoop Mon 04-Dec-17 22:04:26

I find it a bit grim.

Not really sure why

SaturdayNightAtTheMovies Mon 04-Dec-17 22:30:13

Yeah, I became single whilst pregnant (not my choice - he managed to get someone else pregnant too... careless.). There is not a chance I'd have dated.

My baby was my priority and there is no way I'd had prioritised any random man over him for even one evening.

Cricrichan Mon 04-Dec-17 22:39:37

I don't see anything wrong with it. If you find someone you like then go for it.

inthenameotheweeman Mon 04-Dec-17 22:46:42

And considering you have a 5yo already, I’d definitely give it a miss. He’s got enough going on his little life. If you did meet someone and hit it off, if will be very difficult to maintain a relationship without involving him when you have a new baby.

Billi77 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:49:05

I dated while pregnant and still together 2 years later. Go for it! You might meet someone wonderful. In fact, you're more likely to now

teaortequila23 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:58:14

Don’t do it!
Your nearly done just hang in there!
As soon as you pop the baby out go for it!
Call a girlfriend or sister and have a movie night or something

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: