Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Doing the right thing?

(3 Posts)
user1466108618 Sat 02-Dec-17 11:29:45

Hi i told my other half off 16 years i want to split and we have 4 dc together. At first he was begging me for another chance and i kept telling him no i want out. He was also name calling me and that i was a bad mother for wanting to split the family up.

There has been alot of mind games over the years and sulking he just last week ignored me for 2 days.

So yesterday he comes in from work pleasant as ever and he says im giving you what you want and was being all nicey nice.

Im now having feeling of am i doing the right thing as my kids world will be blown apart. I know if i stay i will continue to be miserable but do i stay just for the children?

springydaffs Sat 02-Dec-17 11:32:47

No you don't stay for the children. You leave for the children.

Be it's hoovering you in to make you doubt yourself.

user1493413286 Sat 02-Dec-17 11:32:50

I know it’s hard but really two happy separated parents is better for children (for their view of relationships, their security and general wellbeing) than parents together who are unhappy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now