Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

School Mum from Hell.

(19 Posts)
donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 18:36:58

Last month i received a call from a Mum from school 'warning' me to tell my DD13 to stay away from X - apparently the girl was horrid, and had attacked her DD blah blah.

I stuck up for the girl said they can all be horrible and thought no more about it.

Fast forward 3 weeks my DD and the Mum from hell's DD have fallen out. Instead of leaving the girls to sort it out, the Mother went into school and told the head all my private business (think a single Mum who doesn't look after her children type thing - school told me she is very dangerous and i need to be careful, obviously they don't like her),

She showed messages to the school between my DD and hers fighting however the messages from her DD were sent from someone else phone and so she is denying her DD sent them (school know she did and said the mother knows every trick in the book) She also arranged playdates for the other girls excluding my DD and having coffee morning with X Mum to slag of my DD, so now X doesn't want to be friends with my DD.

I am shocked that a grown woman would interfere and engineer all this and that other Mums are getting sucked in by her.

School were pretty frank with me and did not have a high opinion of her but i feel like i can't defend my DD to the other mums without looking a twat so i just have to wait for it all to play out don't i?

Did that make sense? sorry!

witchofzog Wed 29-Nov-17 19:00:41

She is a nob. The school know she is a nob and she obviously has a very sad and boring life to behave like this. It will all blow over when she finds something else to get her knickers in a twist about. And trust me. She will. Keep your dignified silence as most of the mums will have at least an inkling about what she is like.

OnTheRise Wed 29-Nov-17 19:04:35

If a school mum had told me horrible things about another mum, or tried to get me involved in her disagreements, I'd be more likely to think she had a problem and to want to spend time with the person she was slagging off.

Don't worry. People will know what she's like.

donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:31:49

thanks - the school deftly had her mark but i don't really know the other mums very well.

I so feel like calling up the mum she was slagging my DD off to yesterday to say "well two weeks ago she called me and told me not to let my DD near yours" but of course you are right a dignified silence is better.

should i let school know she is continuing to cause trouble or just see if it blows over?

donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:33:16

And she does have a sad life - she always thinks she has a serious illness and is furious the GP won't refer her for further tests and if she dies because of that then her husband will sue the GP blah blah - basically mental!

inthenameotheweeman Wed 29-Nov-17 19:39:35

She’s sounds awful, and I agree that the other mums probably aren’t as stupid as she thinks they’re are.

How was she able it’s show the school texts between your DD and hers if they were in someone else phone? And what kind of thing was she saying about you?! implying you don’t look after your kids?? What examples did she give?

donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:47:11

yes the school told me she spends her whole time going through her DD phone to get other people in trouble - the school realy seemed to be on to her. The school knew the texts were from her DD but her argument is "not her phone so prove it". School not impressed

The teacher didn't specifically say and i didn't ask but again the school dismissed it but i think she was basically saying I am a single Mum who lets DD run wild - again school know this isn't true and it is actually quite laughable but won't go into specifics incase this post ends up in the daily fail.

I really wish i could confront her but i know she is best ignored - bloody hard though!

AMumma16 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:52:35

It's amazing how the nice Mums know what these Mum From Hells are like but don't say anything until it's safe them to i.e they are no longer involved in their own child's life. We had a terrible time with a family - the child bullied another kid out of the school and then my own child out and only now that the family have moved on to a high school are the parents saying to me "ooh, she was a nasty scary Mum" etc. At least the school are seeing it for what it is. In our case the school were clearly so scared of the parent that they backed her and made every excuse in the book for them. Was a weird little school though.
Don't worry about this woman, she'll be out of your life soon enough.

AMumma16 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:59:27

Oh and by the way ... yes schools are totally careful about what they say in case parents go to papers. We were approached by a paper (who heard of our story through a colleague - to be honest the way my child suffered was just horrendous at the hands of them) so they then tried inventing bizarre stories with no evidence about us to stop us going ahead. Totally corrupt. School life can be pretty weird. I think it's good that you obviously have good staff there. x

donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:18:59

how horrible for you - yes i find the other mums often keep in with thee sorts of awful mums and i am really pissed off that when the bitch mum called me up slagging off Mum2 DD I stood up for her daughter and didn't entertain it and never mentioned a word to mine about it but when the bitch mum has slagged of my DD that Mum seems to have told her DD and now that has caused probs for my DD.

school life is just horrendous sometimes!

Mousewatch Wed 29-Nov-17 20:24:22

These girls are 13?

Why is she arranging play dates? confused

I hope it blows over quick for your dd.

Ttbb Wed 29-Nov-17 20:26:12

Weirdo. Just steer clear.

donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:27:06

yep 13!!! its unbelievable to try to interfere so much!

Most mums would surely just leave all the girls to it? She is just so bloody manipulative and interfering and controlling!

Runninglateeveryday Wed 29-Nov-17 20:31:23

I had this when DD was 14. The mum actually threatened DD and then me. Few people listened to her then came crawling back when their children dared to defy hers, who is obviously the only angelic teen who never does anything wrong, despite being in continual drama.

donners312 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:33:58

I know running - that's what made me laugh, when she was slagging off this other girl I told her "well they can all be horrible at times, infant my DD has been in tears most days" I didn't add because of your DD and she actually said "well I know my DD is never mean she doesn't have a bad bone in her body!"

I couldn't believe it.

witchofzog Wed 29-Nov-17 21:00:17

She sounds totally oblivious to both her own and her daughter's faults. Her daughter is growing up to be a carbon copy of her mum by the sounds of it

dantdmistedious Wed 29-Nov-17 21:02:18

She's clearly a dick but at secondary don't you have to let them fight their own battles a little bit?

AMumma16 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:06:08

Sounds like she just sees things her way and doesn’t entertain other people’s feelings. Just know that it’s not your issue and that your dd will be alright because she has a good role model.
Yes it was awful for us. Like a bad dream that I never want to revisit!

Thinkingofausername1 Thu 30-Nov-17 17:37:04

I think there are some people only out to cause trouble. I think you need to disengage with this lady. Certainly don't talk to her over texts or messenger anymore!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now