Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help

(9 Posts)
Clairebear123456789 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:14:35

Hi there any advice please
My husband and I was out on a night out when he was very aggressive to me he pulled me around the street and a police car went past they stopped me took me to my parents house
He was not arrest or anything and the children wasn’t there
Can the social services still be called ??
Thank you

Florene Mon 13-Nov-17 18:15:45

Social Services are notified of every Domestic incident that Police come across, even if a verbal argument only.

Clairebear123456789 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:28:51

Thank you my child is my world
He wasn’t there and didn’t see if of it the gave me a lift but not heard of the them since nor has my husband
Thank you

NotTheFordType Mon 13-Nov-17 20:08:46

It sounds like the police took you home without taking any formal steps towards you or your partner.

Are you looking to now report him? You definitely can still do so.

Clairebear123456789 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:20:06

No not looking to take it any further think this has scared him enough as I won’t return home untill I know everythink is ok
The police took me to my parents house and didn’t say anything to my husband
Thank you

Buymeamojitonow Mon 13-Nov-17 20:24:40

I had a similar thing happen to myself with my ex , I got a letter about 10 days later saying there would be no further action from police or social services .
I'm in Scotland so I may be different depending on where you live .
I was so relieved when I got the letter though x

Clairebear123456789 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:27:55

I’m in coventry not far from Birmingham
The police only took my name all though my child wasn’t there at the time he was at his dads Just didn’t know if it would any further
Thank you x

mila87 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:05:59

Me ex assaulted me after coming home absolutely off his head. Had to call the cops as he wouldn’t leave. They arrested him and said they had a duty to report to SS as our baby DC was there at the time. I was absolutely petrified about having SS involvement but I heard nothing after. It was also one of the reasons I didn’t go ahead with my statement of what he had done to me as I was so afraid of losing my child. Which in hindsight is ridiculous as he was the one in the wrong.

mila87 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:20:58

*my

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: