Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ending a Friendship

(1 Post)
Milkie Sun 12-Nov-17 21:19:14

Can you please share stories of where you have had to actively put an end to a friendship?

Most weaker friendships usually just fizzle out and you move on, without any big drama. But I have a friend I can’t cope with any more. She thinks we are best buds (wish I’d corrected her earlier in the friendship when she made references to us being such good friends), and I can’t keep up the pretense. If she wasn’t so intense, it would be fine, we’d see each other whenever and I wouldn’t be dreading the inevitable “so when are we going to meet up?” question during every interaction.

I’m a wimp, I admit that, but she doesn’t get my hints and I am clearly going to have to be more explicit, but that is bloody hard. I don’t want it to be a big drama, but she is a big drama person and now I can see why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now