Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He disappeared and I'm ok but I'm not ok 🤔 What would you do?

(22 Posts)
cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:38:07

Dated a few times...spoke lots on the phone leading up to the evening he cooked for me/stayed the night.
Exchanged thankyou, lovely evening texts. I text the next evening ask how he was and then nothing!
Initially I was fine! I am fine! I'm past putting judgement on myself but for some reason I have this niggle. It's rude of him isn't it? I thought he was respectable. We spoke about personal things and I considered him a friend too. Ok, he all of a sudden has lost interest but why not say instead if just disappearing.
I haven't and I won't text him but I wonder why I have this burning desire to tell him, he is rude and disrespectful?
I have deleted his number but her is still on my social media. I just feel angry as he was a bit of a future faker. I don't want to feel angry, it's wasted time!

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sun 12-Nov-17 19:39:13

Did you have sex?

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:41:18

Yes!

user1493413286 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:41:34

I hate how people do that, if they don’t have the guts to say it to your face they could at least text saying they aren’t feeling it or done crap excuse so that you know where you stand

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:51:36

I just feel like he needs to know he has been rude! It's really disrespectful. Then I think, what will I gain! Maybe I need to delete hime from my social media!

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 12-Nov-17 19:53:17

He already knows. He was after one thing OP, sorry. Men like him will fake as much as they need to get what they want. Just rise above and delete his contacts.

bigchris Sun 12-Nov-17 19:53:42

When was the last time he texted?

Could he have family stuff going on?

EllieEllaBella Sun 12-Nov-17 19:56:04

I would tell him that he's a rude arse. Call him up on it, you wouldn't treat someone like that so when should he?

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:58:19

Completely shocked! It's cruel!
No, he has been active on social media. Away somewhere at present but he's had plenty if opportunity. Last heard off him the morning after, over a week ago.

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:59:10

I want to but then I think will I just feel shitty after.

debbs77 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:59:22

Block and delete all messages to remove temptation. So annoying for you

TrojansAreSmegheads Sun 12-Nov-17 20:00:39

he won't care and you will just feel worse for it. he isnt worrh it.

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 20:04:20

Very annoying!
Yes, I will feel worse. I have deleted his number. The only reason I didn't delete from social media is because I thought I would appear childish. Maybe I should?!

LemonysSnicket Sun 12-Nov-17 20:10:00

Sorry love he shagged an ran. He was a fuckboy and will ever be, nothing to do with you or anything you did.

stardust18 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:14:31

I would delete him.
Sounds like a weak man not having the balls to tell you he isn't interested.
You deserve better

Worriedrose Sun 12-Nov-17 20:21:10

Telling him he's a shit isn't going to improve anything
Just block and delete. This will catch up with him eventually
Total twat that he is.

misszp Sun 12-Nov-17 20:25:55

I was seeing a guy. I pulled him up on his behaviour in a very polite way when he started distancing himself and being a bit of an arse. He completely turned it on me that I was controlling, manipulating and clearly had huge hang ups. He was actually pretty horrid but I gave him his get out card by doing so, when really I should have let it fade out and left him to it. It's completely knocked me.

Believe me.... saying something doesn't necessarily achieve anything or make you feel better. Yes he's an arsehole, but guys like that know it anyway. Deleting him isn't childish if that will make you feel better, he's already shown what a child he is anyway. Chin up, block, delete!!

youchangeyourusername Sun 12-Nov-17 20:26:28

Really, don’t bother. Without being horrible, your opinion of him clearly means jack shit. Of course he knows he’s out of order. He doesn’t care. And you going out of your way to tell him he’s a knob will probably only fuel his ego and amuse him, not shame him in anyway.

Don’t do it.

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 20:35:39

Yes, I know it makes sense not to. Thankyou everyone smile I shall delete now!

orangewasp Sun 12-Nov-17 20:57:59

This has happened to me more than once (including one occasion before we'd slept together), it's a shitty and ill mannered thing to do, I'd definitely delete from social media, it's not childish at all.

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Sun 12-Nov-17 21:05:50

sad it's horrible isn't it? The thing I fond most difficult is that dating after divorce is difficult and at the beginning we (me) are quite naive, thinking everyone is genuine. Then we learn so so much and this isn't always true. I am usually a good judge of character and he had me fooled, I guess. Which now makes me think, will I ever trust anyone, EVER?!

ButterfliesandMoths Sun 12-Nov-17 21:09:23

Delete him, forget him. He’ll get his just desserts and you’ll find someone better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now