Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I love you!!!

(17 Posts)
thequeenoftarts Sun 12-Nov-17 19:33:04

Just that really, is there a right or wrong time to tell someone you are dating that you love them?

Been seeing someone a few months, known him 20+ years on and off, but not romantically although there were feelings on both sides, it was the wrong time for both of us back then, so we have finally gotten together and it is amazing. Just no idea when you say those all important words, not been in a relationship for nearly 10 years myself

PollytheDolly Sun 12-Nov-17 19:34:01

Do you feel in love?

Shayelle Sun 12-Nov-17 19:34:51

I think its ok if youve known him 20+ years grin

Migraleve Sun 12-Nov-17 19:38:03

I think you say it when you mean it. When you feel it. Time has nothing to do with it.

thequeenoftarts Sun 12-Nov-17 19:42:23

Yes Polly I do smile

Be3Al2Si6O18 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:47:44

Let it come out when you cannot hold it in anymore. That is exactly the right time to the millisecond.

PollytheDolly Sun 12-Nov-17 20:14:48

Keep us posted then OP grin

thequeenoftarts Sun 12-Nov-17 20:18:15

I will and thank you for your replies, although I may wait for a few more weeks, we are simply enjoying the being with each other phase.It is all shiny and sparkly and new. Swore never another relationship again, but he is different. I can totally be me around him and I think he is the same with me.

BernardBlacksHangover Sun 12-Nov-17 20:26:42

I told my dh I loved him embarrassingly early on. Wine may have been involved and we had been friends for a few years, so I knew him well. It just came out! It didn’t freak him out I think, as we’ve been together 13 yrs and married for 6.

So, based on that very scientific piece of anecdata I would say there is no bad time if you mean it and don’t feel weird saying it.

thequeenoftarts Mon 13-Nov-17 01:33:27

Soppy chat tonight so I plucked up my balls/courage and told him I love him and he replied with I love you too hunni.Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk lol I am in love and he loves me back...Thank you all, you rock xxxx

WishUponAStar88 Mon 13-Nov-17 01:35:48

Aaah that’s lovely smile

WishUponAStar88 Mon 13-Nov-17 01:36:26

Genuinely lovely ... not meant to be sarcastic if that’s how it came across with being so blunt!

BulletFox Mon 13-Nov-17 02:00:20

That's sweet grin

BernardBlacksHangover Mon 13-Nov-17 08:12:26

Aw that is lovely op. <bursts into song> Caaaaan you feeeeel the love toniiiiiiiight! Ahem... sorry. I was watching Lion King with dd yesterday and then a program about Elton John last night.

BulletFox Mon 13-Nov-17 08:21:58

I like that song blush

thequeenoftarts Mon 13-Nov-17 21:49:23

Still quite can't believe it lol been going around with a stupid smile on my face all day.

Not at all wish, thank you for replying at all and a huge thanks to everyone else who replied smile

PollytheDolly Tue 14-Nov-17 15:55:06

😁👌❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now