Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Adult classes

(9 Posts)
seaurchin2016 Sun 12-Nov-17 00:49:31

I am paying loads of money for a certified course (£3000)
One woman on the course ( she is in her late 50's like me) literally takes over the lessons by spouting off all she knows. The teacher keeps telling her that it is not needed for the exams but the woman won't shut up. We are now behind on the syllabus and may not finish it before the exams. This woman is slowing down the lessons and she ends up getting the rest of us confused. Today we didn't learn much because this woman just kept going on and on. I felt like walking out.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you

Cricrichan Sun 12-Nov-17 00:51:18

Speak to your teacher and ask her to speak to this woman. If that doesn't work, speak to the course director .

PurpleDaisies Sun 12-Nov-17 00:52:10

Talk to the teacher ASAP

GottadoitGottadoit Sun 12-Nov-17 03:02:53

Definitely talk to the teacher!

Angelf1sh Sun 12-Nov-17 07:03:39

Tell the teacher that it’s a problem and why, it’s the teacher’s job to ensure that the class is running smoothly. I can see why it might not be appropriate to say something in the class but they can pull her aside after class and speak to her privately. A disruptive pupil is something a teacher needs to control, no matter what the age.

If the teacher doesn’t do anything or cannot resolve it, then escalate the complaint.

Twitchingdog Sun 12-Nov-17 12:35:49

Have you asked her to shut up yourself . You are not a child. You have paid to taught . Tell her .

seaurchin2016 Mon 13-Nov-17 06:01:33

Thanks. I think I'll have a chat with the teacher as she is the course director as well. It's a small group and I don't feel brave enough to tell her to shut up. The poor teacher never gets a break from her. We have three breaks during the day and this woman talks that much that the teacher doesn't have chance to have lunch or a cup of coffee at breaks!

HeddaGarbled Mon 13-Nov-17 07:34:55

There are ways of telling her to shut up that are more polite than "shut up" e.g. "Would you mind not interrupting for a bit - I want to hear what (teacher) is saying". Do that once or twice every lesson, she might start to get the message. Your teacher and classmates will be very grateful. However, I do think that your teacher is a bit useless if she makes no attempt to manage this herself.

Ohyesiam Mon 13-Nov-17 09:07:22

The teacher is not doing her job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now