Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone’s dh have trouble sleeping

(13 Posts)
Snafu1988 Sat 11-Nov-17 02:20:53

And it affects your sleep pattern too?

CaretakerToNuns Sat 11-Nov-17 02:59:51

If it's affecting you then throw him out and make him sleep on the sofa.

Snafu1988 Sat 11-Nov-17 03:04:16

What, No, no, no. While being Waken by him really sucks not being able to cuddle up to him would be worse...

I might change my mind someday but not yet.

Actually just wanted to rant a bit and talk to somebody who can relate.

cherrycola2004 Sat 11-Nov-17 07:18:33

No luckily mine sleeps like the dead.

CrabappleCake Sat 11-Nov-17 07:22:33

Mine used to sleep like the dead and I was the one woken up by any noise or light.

He's depressed at the moment and sleeping badly.

Changing to a kins sized bed has made a huge difference with a mattress that doesn't ripple when he's restless.

I notice it if we sleep on a different mattress and I get shaken awake.

Cracklesfire Sat 11-Nov-17 07:28:23

Yeah mine works nightshift a lot so on his nights off he's often up roaming the house in the middle of the night or he's up & down to the toilet a lot.

He's also quite a restless sleeper - which is handy because he sometimes hears our toddler before I do and will settle him again without me even waking. I can't imagine sending him to go sleep on the couch though?

TheWorldIsMyCakePop Sat 11-Nov-17 07:32:22

Yes, both my DH and my DS are awful sleepers. We have a super king which is lucky really as DS is in with us at some point too. I cannot remember when I last had a good night's sleep and it does impact on us all!

WipsGlitter Sat 11-Nov-17 07:33:03

Yes. Mine suffers from stress. Tosses and turns all night. Wakes me too. It’s very very annoying. It can take me hours to get back to sleep.

Frouby Sat 11-Nov-17 07:37:36

Mine does. He is fully trained up tho and if he can't sleep comes downstairs and watches tv.

He used to fidget about and wake me up. But when ds was tiny and was waking up multiple times I explained that if dp woke me up as well I might actually beat him to death with the bedside lamp.

User452734838 Sat 11-Nov-17 08:06:38

If you have a spare room then I would be looking into that. You can cuddle in the evening and morning before sleep and when you wake up. A good nights sleep is everything. We have had separate rooms for years and it is bliss. Absolute bliss. Guaranteed good sleep every day. I just can't sleep next to someone who snores and tosses and turns all night and don't want to.

BowlingShoes Sat 11-Nov-17 08:13:35

My DH is a fairly extreme case. He has terrible insomnia which has affected his day-to-day life. Has been addicted to sleeping pills in the past so won't take them again. His sleep patterns did disturb me, but since children (who also haven't slept very well!) he has had to have his own room. If they wake him in the night, he can't get back to sleep and is awake all night, whereas I drop off no problem. It's been about 4 years now that he's had his own room. Used to bother me a bit but now I like my own space (when I don't have a DC in with me....)

Paperdolly Sat 11-Nov-17 08:43:58

Mine snores like an elephant and was keeping me awake. I discovered Boots’ Soft Silicone Earplugs. £5 for 3 reusable sets. They are amazing!! I don’t hear him now but I can still hear my alarm. I also wear an eye mask to block early morning light out. I sleep MUCH better than I used to!

mayhew Sun 12-Nov-17 13:13:58

Both of us have intermittent insomnia.
What helps
Large comfy bed
Separate duvets German style
Good pillows
No tv, iPad, phone in bedroom
Pillow speaker for radio for me
Very dark and quiet
Regular bedtimes
No caffeine after 3pm
Spare room at bad times
And, sadly, awareness that alcohol makes it worse sad
Short term sleep medication

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now