Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need help

(10 Posts)
daddysgirls Thu 09-Nov-17 09:00:09

I am a single father bringing up three teenage daughters since my wife died . My narcissistic ex partner is destroying me , what do I do ?

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 09-Nov-17 10:25:31

You need to elaborate !

hellsbellsmelons Thu 09-Nov-17 10:48:35

What kind of things is she doing?
Without any details I would suggest calling 101 and talking to the police about it all. See what they advise.
Could you get a solicitor involved to write letters?
Get an injunction or a non-mol order in place.
Are you DC OK, does it affect them?
If so then SS might also be able to help.
But we do need more info.

Desmondo2016 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:58:49

More information needed. Is she a partner from before your marriage or someone youve dated since your wife died? How are your children? What is the ex doing?

jeaux90 Thu 09-Nov-17 11:30:03

If she is a narc you need to go no contact if you can. Is that possible?

daddysgirls Thu 09-Nov-17 22:28:48

Thank you all for replying , to cut a long and awful story short my ex cheated on me a few months ago and I have tried to forgive and rebuild our relationship but I just can’t and have finished our relationship . She has reacted by trying suicide and is now launching a vicious and nasty campaign to smear my name . I have kept up the no contact approach but am always aware that she is going to try everything to destroy me . My girls are worried and I’m completely alone as I devoted my life to her .

Pinkpillows Thu 09-Nov-17 22:34:16

She's got her own issues none of these are anything to do with you. Only she can deal with them, you've done the right thing no contact keep at it. Keep a record of everything that's happened and go to police if you got to, telling her to pack this in. Devote your life to your kids not a woman and you'll be fine

Disquieted1 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:50:46

...she is going to try everything to destroy me.....

There are some horror stories out there and you need to protect yourself. A single unsubstantiated call to 911 can ruin your life.

1. As a minimum document what's been happening in an email to some sort of authority figure. Do it tonight.
2. Record and videotape everything.

daddysgirls Fri 10-Nov-17 08:17:17

I just feel so hopelessly alone with it all , I hoped we could move on together and build a new life but it’s turned into the worst nightmare , why does she blame me for everything ? I wasn’t the one that cheated

jeaux90 Fri 10-Nov-17 11:23:19

I would put a call in with the police if she is harassing you. And absolutely stay no contact. Your girls need you focussed on them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now