Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Being emotionally unavailable?

(6 Posts)
BulletFox Tue 07-Nov-17 17:27:07

Does anyone else have this?

Kind of wanting company and sex in a monogamous way but not the emotion, trying to be quite clear that you wouldn't fall in love (affectionate maybe, not love) but the bloke not comprehending that you mean what you say?

Poshindevon Tue 07-Nov-17 17:32:14

I dont comprehend either.

GottadoitGottadoit Tue 07-Nov-17 17:43:52

Yep. Me too. Just finished with someone cos he couldn't deal with that long term. I'm not autistic or anything, I just don't seem to get emotionally invested. Always seem to be with people who are more into me than I am to them.

BulletFox Tue 07-Nov-17 17:45:18

Sorry, you mean you don't comprehend wanting company/sex/affection but not being able to fall in love?

I'm about to make the same mistake again, the guy just doesn't get it when you state your terms, I've done this before and it backfired.

He seems nice and nothing has happened as yet although he asked me to call round at his house and I did, it was nice, I've been a little emotionally dead though for the past few years and if he is genuinely looking for more of a connection it won't happen.

Maybe I'm a complete freak and should stay clear of men. I don't want an FB I want a monogamous sexual relationship/company with no emotional commitment

Poshindevon Tue 07-Nov-17 18:00:50

Then you need to find a friend with benefits.
Very few people want to invest time in a relationship that has no emotional content.

BulletFox Tue 07-Nov-17 18:04:56

Posh yeah I'm a bit stunted in terms of a proper relationship.

It doesn't sink in that people might feel something more.

I've met someone nice but I think he's a genuine guy who might be looking for love and able to love someone so should step away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now