Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just had the talk with stbxh. Feel crap

(3 Posts)
NK1cf53daaX127805d4fd5 Sat 04-Nov-17 23:07:27

So I've posted on here about getting my ducks in a row etc but my stbxh came right out with it last week and asked me if I loved him. I can't lie so I said no. We had a more in-depth conversation tonight were everything was my fault. He wants to try but I absolutely don't. I'm so done with the whole thing.

I feel like absolute crap though. Like I'm breaking up the family even though it is absolutely toxic.

So I presume from here I book mediation? There is a 4 month waiting period where I live (non UK). I have counselling booked for myself and I have no savings and a huge credit card bill. To say I'm terrified would be an understatement.

beesandknees Sun 05-Nov-17 04:39:36

I'm sorry to hear this op.

In general the best first step is for you to seek legal advice for yourself. Work out what you are entitled to and see whether mediation is even necessary, it may not be.

Do you have any friends to chat to in real life?

Thinking of you x

mummyretired Sun 05-Nov-17 06:56:40

Get a free half hour with a solicitor. Have as much information as you can ready to take with you. Check with friends locally to find a good one and write down what you want to ask. I'd suggest doing the divorce paperwork yourself and using a solicitor for finance. Wikivorce website is useful, so is gov.uk

Perfectly natural to feel like crap, hope this is the turnaround point for you - and things will improve! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now