Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone's dh useless when they are ill!

(8 Posts)
Ledkr Sat 04-Nov-17 15:38:02

Dh is really lovely. Very kind, does fifty fifty with me on everything and is genuinely caring and loving.
However, when I'm not well he tells me to sit down and relax but then sits his arse next to me!
Why is this hmm

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 04-Nov-17 16:18:23

Well if he's already doing 50% of the work, plus working full time - I actually think thats pretty good. Was there something that needed doing urgently?

Ledkr Sat 04-Nov-17 16:32:49

But I work full time as well so fair surely.
Nothing too urgent no, just getting the uniform washed, dishwasher on etc.
I have orbital cellulitis (in my eye) so I can hardly see and am in lots of pain.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 04-Nov-17 16:34:15

Oh dear that does sound painful!

How old are the kids, could they chip in

Deathraystare Sat 04-Nov-17 16:34:30

Better than the husband of the woman with really bad morning sickness who couldn't arrange child care properly and left the ensuing mess of that for her to sort out!

DavidBowiesNumber1 Sat 04-Nov-17 16:45:30

My husband is the same!
I've been going through cancer treatment (surgeries, chemo', radiotherapy etc.) for the past year and while he's reslly thoughtful in other respects he just doesn't seem to know how to care for me when I need it.
He'll always tell me to rest, relax, sleep whatever when I feel bad. To forget about the cooking, cleaning, housework, shopping etc. but if I don't do it it just doesn't get done!
I can't relax knowing the house is going to pot but he can quite merrily angry

bufin Sat 04-Nov-17 16:58:53

Mines useless when I'm ill and useless when I'm well.

In fact he prides himself on his uselessness and says how lucky he is to be married to a woman who's able to do everything.

Ledkr Sat 04-Nov-17 17:12:54

Funny but the 6 year old is better at helping than the 16 year old and dh 😳
davidbowie sorry to hear that. I've been through all that too butcwitj an even worse dh 😩 Hope you are bearing up flowers

It's not that he's lazy, he just seems to think if I'm sat down he can too.
Which is fine but DO A FEW THINGS FIRST PLEASE!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: