Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling low, not sure what to do

(4 Posts)
Whowhatwhy Sat 04-Nov-17 13:05:32

Have name changed for this to avoid being identified...

I've been with dh for 26 years, and we have two children. In the last few months I feel we're so disconnected as to be like two people sharing a house. There's little fun, we go nowhere as a couple and he never communicates about anything. There is absolutely no physical contact- let alone sex- I haven't had so much as a kiss or a held hand for months. I am lonely and sad.
He is a great dad, my kids adore him and I really don't want to do anything to upset their lives and so for that reason alone I want to stay and make it better but I am running out of energy.
He's a decent man, a kind man. I don't want to hurt anyone. Any advice welcome.

ShatnersWig Sat 04-Nov-17 13:07:04

Have you talked to him about this? You don't say you have, which I find odd.

Whowhatwhy Sat 04-Nov-17 14:41:39

I have over the years spoken to him about some of it- the lack of sex and physical contact has been a recurring theme over the years. When I mention it (always highly embarrassing) it changes for a while but feels forced and makes me feel like some sort of sexual predator.
The lack of communication is something that we (I) also talk about a lot as it affects our day to day life all the time. Usually I get a "sorry" and a promise that he'll try harder to discuss things with me but there's never any lasting change.

Bibbidee Sat 04-Nov-17 14:50:03

Have a read OP. Might be worth a go?

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/hlg-36-questions-can-make-two-strangers-fall-love/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now