Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH and his mum

(7 Posts)
Movablefeast Thu 02-Nov-17 23:31:05

Right now DH and I are waiting to hear the results of tests for our youngest child who has had symptoms which led to blood tests, 2 needle biopsies, a CT scan and surgery for a further biopsy trying to discover what is going on; we are still waiting for pathology results for a diagnosis.

I just called DH at work to say hi and have a check in as we were at the surgeon's this morning with DS. He said his mum has been wildly texting him, freaking out but not really about her DGS but more about herself. She is threatening to leave her rental home and make herself homeless, I think in an effort to force us to let her move in with us. She was asking why DH had not been in touch more, "Was it because she did something when she was having an out-of-body experience" - she believes she can visit people outside her body - and then she said did DH have a girlfriend and that's way he hadn't been in touch?

I tried to reassure him that she is stressed out and she always get delusional when she is stressed. But he said he actually felt offended by her girlfriend comments and told her he was more worried about DS than her right now.

She has recently finally started to see a counselor about her experiences (delusions) which she believes to be real.

She lives a long way from us, I'm not really sure how to help DH except remind him that we are a strong unit, sane and solid.

Myheartbelongsto Thu 02-Nov-17 23:59:54

How old is she op?

Early signs of old age?

Myheartbelongsto Fri 03-Nov-17 00:01:28

I hope the results for your child will be good. You are under enough stress here. Are there other family members, friends, neighbours that could lighten the load for you regarding mil?

HeddaGarbled Fri 03-Nov-17 00:10:55

Honestly, I'd be inclined to ignore it right now. You've got enough to worry about with your child, she's getting support from her counsellor, your H's reactions don't sound unreasonable. I don't think you need to do anything.

Movablefeast Fri 03-Nov-17 17:57:34

I just find it very challenging. She is 72 and one of five sisters who all live in the same city. She has been this way since I met her when she was 51 - we have been married 21 years.

tinymeteor Fri 03-Nov-17 18:31:35

Are you close with any of the sisters? Maybe one of them could be recruited to get involved and steer her away from DH for a bit. He's got enough to worry about without her issues at the moment.

Movablefeast Fri 03-Nov-17 20:13:56

She does socialize with them a lot but I am not close to any of them personally (we have never lived close). Her twin sister's husband has Parkinson's and MIL has said lots of strange and disturbing things about him so her twin sister still sees her but won't let her stay overnight anymore.

She has always been almost obsessed with DH. She idolizes him. She is divorced and hasn't had any romantic relationships since her marriage ended just before we met and got married. She also has a daughter and puts a lot of pressure on her too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now