Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you leave

(6 Posts)
Evenfallhills Thu 02-Nov-17 07:31:05

I don't understand how to leave on practical levels. How do you arrange somewhere to live with no money and nowhere takes children and pets?

DanielCraigsUnderpants Thu 02-Nov-17 08:57:26

Very much depends on your starting point. Are you in rented accommodation or mortgage, sole names or joint. Is the relationship abusive and are you in danger? Tell us a bit more and we will try to help,

SillyBillyMe17 Thu 02-Nov-17 09:07:48

I didn't want to read and run...

I have just signed an agreement on a new flat, and will be leaving my relationship at the end of this month - the idea of it is terrifying and I don't know how to do it, but I think we just have to trust in ourselves that we are doing the right thing, and the right words will come.

I struggled with my deposit but have cut back as much as possible to get it together, and was kindly loaned some of the full amount from my mum (I know I am very lucky). You really have to budget hard (but discreetly). I also have pets, so I spoke to a number of local agents and asked them which properties took them, and went from there. Then I viewed those ones (though I took the first one I saw!) - I have been lucky enough to find somewhere furnished, which has also cut down on costs.

I'm sure others will be along with good advice soon

Good luck OP flowers xx

Claud0b Fri 03-Nov-17 10:47:47


I’m currently in the same situation. I return to university with only 12 weeks of my degree left in January. However, I really need to leave this relationship.

I have no income, no childcare options so do I don’t know if I need to stay to be able to finish my degree and really hope for the best or do I go and just forget about the degree as safety/happiness of me and my 8mo are key?

I just don’t know xx

hellsbellsmelons Fri 03-Nov-17 13:53:14

It would depend on your current living situation.
And why you want to leave.
If it's due to abuse then Womens Aid can help you so call them.
If not then talk to CAB and Shelter and see what they can do to help.

TDHManchester Mon 06-Nov-17 05:20:49

Just keep listening to this tune until it is stuck in your head.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: