Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Witness for a Secret Wedding

(39 Posts)
nosparks Wed 01-Nov-17 01:38:53

Me & DP are getting married mid-Nov at the Registry office in Twickenham. We would like this to be a very quiet affair (aka the secret wedding!) and hence are looking for 2 witnesses.

I am worried we will get to the registry office on the day and not have a witness. sad

Hoping to find 2 random people off the street on the day is adding to my stress ! Am hoping there is a better way to do this and hence turning to MN..

Would 2 kind souls please help us get married..? blush

RestingButchFace Wed 01-Nov-17 01:44:00

I can't help (too far away) but have seen this work on here before so want to wish you good luck and give this a bump.

LineysRun Wed 01-Nov-17 01:56:51

I'm too far away, too - but it's definitely been done on here before. Best of luck.

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 01-Nov-17 01:57:15

Would normally bite your hand off, but It’s a bit of a hike where I am, and I’m not well, but if you don’t get others, will during DH along and we will be gladly there - much prefer that than you to be stressed...let me know...

And whether or not we are there, congratulations and may you be long and happily married. flowers

newnamenewnamenewname Wed 01-Nov-17 02:13:22

Congratulations! I'm central London so I might be able to help, depending on the date...

eyebrowseyebrows Wed 01-Nov-17 03:11:53

Congrats!!!

What's the date? I might be able to help depending on the date...

mrsnoon Wed 01-Nov-17 03:18:44

Call the Registry Office and see if they know of anyone who does it regularly - my best friend is a Registrar and where she works they have a couple of ladies from one of the local charity shops who sometimes do it for them.

TimbuktuTimbuktu Wed 01-Nov-17 05:26:48

Possibly... what’s the date?

ProseccoMamam Wed 01-Nov-17 05:48:26

That’s lovely OP congratulations,
I think I’d cry if I was asked to attend a wedding by someone on the street that’s such a cute idea. Too far away so can’t help but I’m sure you’ll find someone willing to go smile

lostpurplehoodie Wed 01-Nov-17 07:40:23

I’m a few stops away on the train so can come if you need someone. What’s the date? It’s 9 years since our surprise wedding today - ones without other people’s involvement are the best flowers

kuniloofdooksa Wed 01-Nov-17 07:57:15

Brilliant to do this. I love it when there's a thread like this.

Ladyformation Wed 01-Nov-17 08:30:51

I'm central London too so very happy to help depending on the date!

Angelf1sh Wed 01-Nov-17 09:03:13

Central Londoner here as well so let me know the date! (PS there would need to be wheelchair access but a registry office ought to have that).

sizenines Wed 01-Nov-17 09:14:39

We did exactly this!
You will find witnesses here, MNers are lovely and love a wedding.
Register Offices do not supply witnesses as a rule so please don't rely on that.
If you could have a person in reserve it will help if anyone has to cancel near the time.

Good luck and every happiness to you and your partner, it is a lovely way to get married because the day is just for you two and will always be very special. flowers wine

Hebenon Wed 01-Nov-17 10:37:59

I might be able to help. I'm in Richmond. It depends on the date, though!

sizenines Thu 02-Nov-17 08:55:29

Bump

kohl Thu 02-Nov-17 09:00:13

Depending on the date I could help.

DarklyDreamingDexter Thu 02-Nov-17 09:12:48

Too far away to help, but I got one witness off the street for my secret wedding. (Actually a lady shopping in the local Spar in her lunchtime! She was happy to help.) My other witness was the photographer I booked to take the wedding photos.

KikisDeliveryService Thu 02-Nov-17 10:34:52

Me and DH were witnesses off the street once - we were waiting for another wedding and got a request. It was lovely, very sweet and romantic. I’m sure you will find people and MN is an excellent source! I’m too far away to offer.

SuperSange Thu 02-Nov-17 20:18:52

We need the date. I have a lovely mate in twickenham.

Trafficjammadness Thu 02-Nov-17 20:26:31

May be able to depending on date and time

RNBrie Thu 02-Nov-17 20:28:58

I'm in Twickenham. I will definitely do it if the date works and I'll even wear a hat grin

juwayriyyah31 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:02:24

@RNBrie the hat made me chuckle 🤣

shhhfastasleep Thu 02-Nov-17 21:07:46

My parents had to do this - mixed marriage in the late 50s.

They stayed happily married till death parted them. Best wishes, op.

RNBrie Wed 15-Nov-17 12:21:23

I hope she won't mind me posting but I went to the OPs wedding and it was really lovely!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now