Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Small Central and South London wedding venues - recommendations please!

(14 Posts)
soontobeamum1982 Tue 31-Oct-17 18:34:03

After 10 years and now one newborn, my OH and I have finally decided we're going to get hitched in April next year.

It will be a very low key affair, with somewhere between 30 and 45 guests including the two of us and our close family. We ideally want a venue where we can have the (civil) ceremony and the reception at the same place in one afternoon.

Priorities are location - ideally south london, but central london at a push - and very good quality food. As it's a small wedding, I really want to enjoy the food and remember it.

So far we've started looking at the Union Club in Soho but I think the costs might be much less reasonable than a glance at their website states. We can't afford to go overboard as I'm on maternity leave so our income isn't amazing this year.

Any recommendations? (Or, of course, anywhere to avoid?!)

rosareine Tue 31-Oct-17 18:36:40

Lovekyn chapel in Kingston is beautiful. Although I don't think you can have receptions there only a the civil ceremony.

rosareine Tue 31-Oct-17 18:37:18

Sorry for the errors. confused

JigglyTuff Tue 31-Oct-17 18:37:19

Dulwich Picture Gallery?

Scribblegirl Tue 31-Oct-17 18:38:23

Is the Horniman Museum too far south? The bandstand would be perfect. A friend of mine was married there.

PalacePalacePalace Tue 31-Oct-17 18:38:40

Rosendale in West dulwich?

PalacePalacePalace Tue 31-Oct-17 18:40:18

Brockwell lido?

jennylindinha Tue 31-Oct-17 18:49:46

The Trafalgar in Greenwich is a lovely venue for a wedding - I've been to two there and they were lovely!

Greedynan Tue 31-Oct-17 18:53:26

Went to an awesome ceremony at the asylum in Peckham recently. Absolutely amazing. Very atmospheric. There's the rosendale pub. You could have your ceremony at dulwich college. There's kingswood house in se21; the trafalgar arms in Greenwich. Lethal palace - are they licenced? There's the rivoli ballroom in brockley which may now do wedding receptions (they didn't 3 years ago, such a shame). Paradise by way of Kensal Green...

Greedynan Tue 31-Oct-17 18:54:27

Lethal palace lol??! Eltham palace!!

Greedynan Tue 31-Oct-17 18:57:49

Sorry just realised that some of those aren't licensed venues. Trafalgar worth a look for sure though. Great views over the Thames xx

Greedynan Tue 31-Oct-17 18:59:57

Just a thought - severndroog castle in se18 - stunning xx

YouCantArgueWithStupid Tue 31-Oct-17 19:01:00

Tudor barn in Eltham? My friend got married there last year and it was lovely

Monkeypuzzle32 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:03:28

Asylum and the Rivoli dont do wedding receptions, unless you get married at Asylum and go on to a lovely pub afterwards?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now