Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lack of intimacy

(8 Posts)
ThorsMistress Mon 30-Oct-17 21:36:37

Been with DP for 3 years. We laugh everyday and we genuinely love each other.
When we first got together I suppose you could say it was a 'honeymoon' period. We enjoyed each other in the bedroom most nights.

3 years on and I'm lucky if it's once a month sad I don't doubt he loves me nor finds me unattractive as we still have the odd cuddle. I guess we've just fallen into a rut.
How can I spice things up? I've suggested coming robbed early but he's watching the tele and falling asleep whilst I'm on here.

I didn't think it would ever be like this sad

user1497997754 Mon 30-Oct-17 21:40:36

Same situation as you right now.....hubby asleep....going up to bed by myself he will prob come up early tom morning.....yawn

ThorsMistress Mon 30-Oct-17 22:03:10

He's now fast asleep sad I'm ashamed to say that it's really upsetting me. I don't have a high sex drive but once every month (if I'm lucky) just isn't enough

userxx Mon 30-Oct-17 22:18:06

I think it's time you had a talk with your partner, you can't carry on like this.

Ginandpanic Mon 30-Oct-17 22:30:39

There are lots of threads like this and it rarely seems to get better. I'm in the same situation (After 25 years) and despite discussing it and explaining I can't live like this, nothing changes. Honestly, it's not what you want to hear I'm sure, but I'd start thinking about an exit strategy if it's like that after 3 years.

Aquamarine1029 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:00:00

If you can't talk openly about sex, the rest of your relationship is smoke and mirrors. Talk to him.

Bibbidee Tue 31-Oct-17 07:17:36

John Gottman, Google his background.

https://www.gottman.com/blog/3-reasons-stress-is-affecting-your-sex-drive-and-what-to-do-about-it/

Bibbidee Tue 31-Oct-17 07:18:54

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/the-four-things-that-kill-any-relationship-a6815611.html%3famp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now