Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A week apart

(7 Posts)
sunnyrainyday Mon 30-Oct-17 08:08:16

Married in August, older couple, had a few issues over the last year but feel we love each other.

I've just been away for a week with friends/family, H didn't want to come because mainly women going. His friends all think he is lucky to have me but I have been a little underwhelmed by his welcome home for me. In the pub last night, one of them asked why he was so moody when he should be happy I was home. It upset me as I noticed too and he was snappy with me.

I wonder what's wrong with him. I missed him terribly and couldn't wait to see him.

Santawontbelong Mon 30-Oct-17 08:12:19

Was he resentful you went without him and is going to sulk for a while as your 'punishment'?

sunnyrainyday Mon 30-Oct-17 08:15:24

I don't see why he should be resentful. He could have come and chose not to. He's also been on a weekend away without me so we are not joined at the hip but who knows!

bluebell34567 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:22:23

some men are like child. he must be resenting.

luckyDuvet Mon 30-Oct-17 08:26:27

I don't see why he should be resentful.

Could have been resentful cos you went without him.

deepestdarkestperu Mon 30-Oct-17 08:30:38

Did he not want you to come along to the pub with his friends?

whatsavings Mon 30-Oct-17 08:53:03

He is punishing you because you went away without him.

He didn't want to go, you were expected to recognise that & YOU were not supposed to go either.

This is designed so that you'll think twice before you go next time - and say no.
Otherwise, you can look forward to a full scale sulk when you come home. Is that Ok with you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now