Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've made up my mind...

(5 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Sat 28-Oct-17 20:40:23

I posted a little while ago about my DP and his utter obsession with his business at the cost of all other things.
I've decided I can't go on, it's a life style, and I don't want it to be mine.
I've decided I'm going to do it tomorrow to pschye myself up a bit and I'm shitting myself. I know it's for the best as I am so resentful of it all and I don't see a future in it at all (marriage/kids etc) and I'm getting no younger but I've not done this for such a long time.
Sorry for the ramble I need a wine

Kr1st1na Sat 28-Oct-17 20:41:48

wine

How can we best support you ?

lastqueenofscotland Sat 28-Oct-17 20:43:54

I think I just need reassuring it's for the best... I've tried to talk about it so many times and he just gets so defensive/it's his passion/lifestyle etc

YouCantArgueWithStupid Sat 28-Oct-17 20:51:04

wine OP. Sounds like you’re doing the right thing. If it’s marriage and kids you want and it’s not gonna happen with him you’re doing the right thing

jeaux90 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:00:43

It sounds like you are incompatible and that it's the right thing for both of you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now