Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I get her DD a birthday present

(7 Posts)
Summersoul Sat 28-Oct-17 09:20:42

Morning
So my best and closest friend of 26 years basically cut me out of her life about 6 months ago after phasing me out over the last year - no explanation from her ! I have sent her a few messages with not much success and she hadn't mentioned me or this incident to any of our mutual friends which I find very strange. It's her daughters birthday soon and DH thinks I should send her a gift! I should point out that she is godmother to my DD1 but has complete cut her out too!! What are your opinions on if I should acknowledge this birthday? I should also point out hey DD is 2

EddChinasMangina Sat 28-Oct-17 09:22:57

Bit obvious really, if she’s cut you out then her, and by extension her family, can do one.

Cricrichan Sat 28-Oct-17 09:23:12

Her DD won't know whether you've sent a present or not, so whatever you do it's for the mother. If she's cut you and your family out then don't send anything and forget about her.

disappearingninepatch Sat 28-Oct-17 09:23:33

I wouldn't. She has made it clear that, for her, the friendship is over. If her daughter is only 2, she won't miss getting a present from you.

Summersoul Sat 28-Oct-17 10:37:00

Thanks so much guys x I was thinking that too x

Dozer Sat 28-Oct-17 10:38:28

That’s really sad. I wouldn’t send a gift.

Summersoul Sat 28-Oct-17 11:32:42

It is really sad my DD1 is almost 11 and misses her very much! It's a shame she can't find it in herself to still have a relationship with my DD1 they saw each other every week until Feb this year 😩

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now