Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks- It's probably a duck . The script.

(4 Posts)
Julia1973 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:39:51

So....pretty much a year ago to the day I split with my husband of 20 years marriage - 25 together as a couple. The lead up to the split was horrendous- bizarre sexual demands, online sexting with strangers, huge amounts of hidden debt despite excellent joint income, and to top it off a horrendous row where he tried to strangle me. I told him to leave-He did and never returned.

I couldn't make sense of it all. Although these issues had been ongoing for a while- this wasn't the man I married and loved. I read on here about the script.So I asked him- he flat out denied there was another woman.

At Christmas he broke down. He talked about his shame at his behaviour and pretty much put it down to ptsd. I believed him as the behaviour coincided with him leaving the army after an Afghan tour. He told me he would prove to me he could sort him self out. I continued to file for divorce and said we'll see but deep down I really held onto this hope.

What followed was 8 months of hot and cold behaviour towards me, me paying for pretty much everything, him erratically visiting as and when he fancied. 2 months ago he made such a preposterous suggestion of what he envisaged our future relationship to be like -I told him that he really didn't get what proving to me he is sorting himself actually meant and should basically get lost.

2 months on- other woman on scene. I know I'm sad but I did a bit of digging and asking around- something I had previously been too proud to do. Upshot of it is- Yes he was having an affair with her while with me. Debts and lack of financial support/seeing kids- too busy paying for and playing happy families with someone else.

So, sorry for long winded post- upshot is- don't ignore the signs- it's probably a duck smile

springydaffs Fri 27-Oct-17 19:13:12

Ugh. So sorry op flowers

WiccanWonder Fri 27-Oct-17 20:18:51

So sorry OP. It really does suck flowers

SandyY2K Fri 27-Oct-17 20:31:11

At least you know and can safely proceed with divorce.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now