Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Message from abusive ex

(52 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Thu 26-Oct-17 22:36:01

What does this message say to you???
It’s been a few days now of him asking to make it work, he can change, give him a chance
After noting for 3 months.

Give me your opinion on the underlying tone of this

MozzchopsThirty Thu 26-Oct-17 22:38:36

Sorry this was first

Gingernaut Thu 26-Oct-17 22:39:59

It's sunk in that no one is swallowing his bullshit like you did and he wants things back to the way they were.

I like the 'misreading' texts thing.

Like he's so not going to gaslight you if you meet up.

(Bring a witness to any meeting, or at least record what goes down)

TheEmpressWears Thu 26-Oct-17 22:41:06

If he is wrecking your head just say
"This isnt good for me so I will avoid contact with you".

Dont reply to his inevitable reply!

LittleBirdBlues Thu 26-Oct-17 22:41:31

It's impossible to tell without knowing the back story.

What's your gut instinct?

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 26-Oct-17 22:43:34

He gives with one hand and takes away with the other. It sounds like he's taking responsibility while actually trying to blame you. He's good, I'll give him that. You're not actually considering meeting him, are you? Because this horseshit is him at his best, I'll assume.

butterfly56 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:53:43

He didn't text you first because he didn't want you to get one over on him?! Says it all really.
Your gut is telling you that there is absolutely nothing in these messages that tells you he is in any way sincere.
He wanting to mess with your head but I think you already know that. flowers

Eminado Thu 26-Oct-17 22:55:50

Time to block.

Anniegetyourgun Thu 26-Oct-17 22:57:10

OK, it reads about as sincere as... an insincere thing, but does it matter whether he means it anyway? If you don't want to meet him you don't have to!

notquitegrownup2 Thu 26-Oct-17 23:02:28

Underlying tone? It wasn't all my fault, you know. If we meet up I hope you won't keep dragging the past up because it wasn't all my fault. You are missing out on a lot, you know. You should be happy that I want to give us another chance. I would be happy to tell you how you can make me happy, as long as you never bring up the past, or expect me to apologise, or have any expectations of me . . . .

That's what I hear there, anyway.

RumAppleGinger Thu 26-Oct-17 23:08:11

You've saved him in your contacts as Twat. grin. His text reads like he is living up to name.

randomuntrainedcuntowner Thu 26-Oct-17 23:21:16

He sounds like s nasty controlling twat to me.

Goosegrass Thu 26-Oct-17 23:44:00

He’s a twat. Block and move on.

bastardkitty Thu 26-Oct-17 23:47:47

It sounds to me like things aren't going as well for him as he expected. What's with 'if you don't want us to get back together, block me'? Drama? How do you feel about it?

Queenofthedrivensnow Thu 26-Oct-17 23:55:23

Is he my ex the dentist?

MozzchopsThirty Fri 27-Oct-17 07:30:22

Thank you all, you’ve just confirmed everything I thought.

The last 2 years of our relationship was like this, him behaving appallingly then luring me back in in this way with ‘sorry not sorry’ messages.

I also believe he’s realises what he’s lost, he said he’d been on 2 dates ‘but then I realised I wasn’t ready because I can’t get over you’ hmm
More like they were a lot more savvy than me and ran for the hills after one date.

MozzchopsThirty Fri 27-Oct-17 07:31:32

I’m not going to meet him, not even to have my say.

thegirlupnorth Fri 27-Oct-17 07:35:51

Your name on your phone for him is enough of a reason not to meet him, move on, block and ignore X

CaoNiMwahaha Fri 27-Oct-17 07:38:09

He sounds like a right knobber, TBH.

monkeywithacowface Fri 27-Oct-17 07:43:10

What an idiot he sounds. It all sounds very much "I made mistakes but not that many and everyone makes mistakes i.e I don't think I really did anything wrong. I messed up but it's just as much your fault. I want to talk about it but you aren't allowed to tell me all the things I did wrong. It's ok to be an arsehole as long as there some good things to remember too"

So all in all he's feeling sorry for himself but not what he has done

QuiteLikely5 Fri 27-Oct-17 07:50:02

Was he abusive op

Stormwhale Fri 27-Oct-17 07:52:44

He sounds utterly self absorbed. He's trying to worm his way back in, but it's clear that nothing has changed. He's a knob.

GracielaSabrocita Fri 27-Oct-17 07:57:05

Never get involved with a man who uses the phrase 'going forward'.

CandleLit Fri 27-Oct-17 08:00:36

It reads like a "poor me" rant. I'm a big fan of not responding to stuff like this - soooo much better than having the last word! If I've caved and replied, I pray that they text again so I can leave them hanging 😈

CandleLit Fri 27-Oct-17 08:00:37

It reads like a "poor me" rant. I'm a big fan of not responding to stuff like this - soooo much better than having the last word! If I've caved and replied, I pray that they text again so I can leave them hanging 😈

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: