Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Red flag about my friend's husband, Subtle control?

(3 Posts)
username7979 Thu 26-Oct-17 17:10:32

My friends has just cancelled our girly tea. Her husband has not spoken to her all week and suddenly calls her begging her to come home because he is soo depressed. Her life revolves around the ups and downs of her husband's mental health. And I notice a pattern when we are meeting trying to meet.
She does not talk on the phone so it is difficult to ever talk about it. What a shit life she has.

HughLauriesStubble Thu 26-Oct-17 17:16:24

Have you tried broaching it with her gently? She may not realise that it is controlling behaviour and at least of she is aware of it, she might be able to cope with it better in future or she may just ltb

username7979 Thu 26-Oct-17 17:23:46

We sort of spoke about it when they were engaged.
They are now married! At first she had asked me to be her witness and that all went to pots with the feeble excuse of 'we will keep it in the family'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now