Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can a leopard change his spots?

(3 Posts)
brooklyn11 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:27:37

I told my husband nearly a year ago I wanted to separate and a lot of ups and downs between then and where we are now.

He has admitted he wouldn’t have changed as much if I hadn’t said I wanted a divorce which does make me a little bitter! He has changed in that time or he is just putting on a very good long term act and should win an Oscar! Not sure which tbh.

I’m just wondering has anyone decided they had enough and their partners did change for the better and got back together? How did it work out? He is living at his Mums at the moment and is finally giving me the space I’ve asked for.

Also on the other hand I don’t love him now and I’m not sure if that could come back either? He does love me and works hard and is faithful but he has treated me badly over the years and was never really there for me or the kids. Anyone with any experience of this?

Apileofballyhoo Mon 30-Oct-17 09:11:05

If you don't love him I don't think it makes any difference what he does.

GeriT Mon 30-Oct-17 09:18:04

What has he done to change? Has he sought out help?

They say falling out of love is a choice. So I guess it's down to if you want to give him another chance? I wouldn't say that it's totally dead in the water.

How did he treat you badly? Have you been whiter than white throughout the process?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now