Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My ex always talks to me if he sees me. I saw him today. Why?

(14 Posts)
Dontspeaktome Wed 25-Oct-17 20:36:20

do care to know bevause i do still love him and im hurt. So please if you can give me answers on why he does this.

He cheated on me we were together for 8 months the last time I spoke to him he said he doesn't care about me, not to contact him and he doesn't think about me or want me.

I was heart broken and think he has someone else.

But anyway 3 days after the above conversation I saw him at a festival which he said hello and can't we be civil. I was very blunt and it was clear I didn't want to talk so he walked off.

The day after he messaged me on whatsapp LOL
I read and ignored it. I think he just wanted to see if I blocked him or not.
This all happened in August this year

I haven't seen him since until today we were both driving and he pulled up to my car beeping. I was trying to ignore and then turned and waved.
He then pulled in front of my car and said hi how are you ext and ask if I followed him.

I said no I'm going to work and he said it is good to see me.

I then said I dunno why you are talking to me after the last time we spoke you were so vile to me and he then said it doesn't have to be like that
I then said well bye and mumbled fuck off which I don't think he heard.
He was all smiley and happy and I was negative and upset.

I then burst into tears and turned down a road away fromhim. He didn't see this.

I still have strong feelings for him but it seems he is all happy and doesn't care.

Please give me your opinion on this situation. Yes I know I have to move on but I want to know if you think he cares or whatever

I'm 25 he is 27

Gemini69 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:39:36

he's fishing... block him.. do not engage.. the guy treated you like crap.. he's a Dick.. and playing with your emotions ... flowers

wobblywonderwoman Wed 25-Oct-17 20:40:40

I would imagine he is looking for an ego boost. He wants every woman to fancy him. I would ignore him .. What good is he. He cheats and is a sneak

CauliflowerSqueeze Wed 25-Oct-17 20:40:56

If he cared he wouldn’t have cheated on you and told you he didn’t care about you or want you or think about you.

He’s trying to have power over you so he can play with you and then chuck you again when it suits.

Get a tougher skin and if he bothers you again ask him to stay away from you or you’ll report him for harassment.

Then give yourself a massive pat on the back that you don’t have kids with this utter nob.

Andromache77 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:44:00

My guess would be that his other relationship or whatever it was didn't work out and he's trying it on. Regardless of his motives, just based on his cheating plus the way he talked to you when you broke up, ignore him and block him on social media.

PatriciaHolm Wed 25-Oct-17 20:46:03

Of course he doesn’t care.

He wants to believe he’s the good guy, that you are the one who has being unfriendly, you are the problem.

It’s all about him.

SpotAGuillemot Wed 25-Oct-17 20:48:13

I would always try and be civil to ex's, even if we had broken up in a horrible way. It sounds like he's just saying 'hi, how are you?' if he bumps into you. He's not exactly searching you out. Try and just forget it. It's hard when you have feelings for someone but just a bright and breezy 'hi, can't stop!' would be fine.

Ruddygreattiger2016 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:03:16

He is hoping to sweet talk you to be a casual booty call. Block and ignore.

Dontspeaktome Wed 25-Oct-17 21:12:52

He doesn't contact me at all he only will speak to me if he sees me on the street or an event

Dontspeaktome Wed 25-Oct-17 21:13:55

And he does have my number

Andromache77 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:23:19

Then don't waste any more time trying to understand him. If you bump into him again say hi and leave, keep it nice and brief.

Santawontbelong Wed 25-Oct-17 21:24:13

You allow him far too much head space. .

tallwivglasses Wed 25-Oct-17 22:24:05

Oh OP you still have feelings for him, that's natural. He wants to be friendly? He's no friend of yours and it's totally fine to tell him that.

K0729P Thu 26-Oct-17 16:24:05

I think you are being oversensitive here.

You have seen each other twice since the break up and he has said hello? Not a big deal.

You say he doesn't contact you although he has your number. He messaged you on Whatsapp.

Block his number and move on. If you see him again you either say hello or don't. It isn't hard to ignore someone if you try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now