Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tinder nightmare - help urgent

(4 Posts)
haribomilkshake Tue 24-Oct-17 22:15:09

So interesting situation - staying with stbxh in another country (where he lives now) we're all friends for the sake of our daughter etc, it's all good.
But.... I've been using tinder to meet new people and I realised I ought to turn it off while here so the whole gossipy community doesn't know ex's ex (me) is prowling back home. So I try to open it to switch that part off, but due to crap internet connection it has logged me out, and when I try to log back through Facebook it only lets me log in as ex. It creates him a little profile, which I then have to delete in a panic.
I may have logged into his fb in the past while the bewildering breakup was happening, and he's always been a bit crap online so I often have to admin his accounts for him anyway. I have now however deleted all that, have only one fb account on my phone and have also deleted both apps and re-installed several times.
How can I tell tinder I want to log in as me? I really want to switch it off now confusedblush

bonfireheart Tue 24-Oct-17 22:54:50

When you do meet someone are you going to bring them back to where you live with stbxh?

bonfireheart Tue 24-Oct-17 22:55:35

You need to log out of Facebook on your device and sign in as yourself. That said I understand Facebook but have never used tinder.

haribomilkshake Tue 24-Oct-17 23:15:46

Panic over - I've logged in with phone number then went back to fb and it found my profile, which I've now disabled.

FYI, i don't live with stbxh, we are separated and free to see others. I've brought my daughter out to see him and we are friends. I just don't want every single guy in town who uses tinder to see me there in the lineup as it's a culture which has very questionable views on women and where sexual harassment is a way of life

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now