Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Single again at 42

(7 Posts)
magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 18:30:57

So, after getting out of a bad marriage in 2012, I started seeing a guy who had chased me down relentlessly.
He lived with me for 5 years, then a year ago he got his marital house back and moved back there. Downhill since then. He couldn’t understand why I was so sad.
Finished this morning. Could do with a hand hold

userxx Tue 24-Oct-17 19:12:21

That's shit isn't it, but don't be scared of being single in your 40's you are still young! Maybe time out from men for a while? Why didn't he understand that you were upset!!! Is he not upset at all?

magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 19:28:08

He’s devastated. I don’t think he thought I’d have the nuts to end it

Iris65 Tue 24-Oct-17 19:31:02

I'm 52 and experiencing a similar thing. There are times when I think I should just enter a Nunnery - not that I am looking or even hoping to date. It just all feels a bit hopeless.

userxx Tue 24-Oct-17 19:33:12

With you, I read your post like he ended it with you and didn't understand why you were upset about the break-up. Surely he can't expect you to be happy with him moving back after living together for 5 years. Why didn't he sell the house and stay living with you?

magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 20:03:19

Because he wanted somewhere for his kids to visit him. I understand but they are both in their late teens and down won’t be interested.

magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 20:04:02

I ended it with him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now