Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Single again at 42

(7 Posts)
magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 18:30:57

So, after getting out of a bad marriage in 2012, I started seeing a guy who had chased me down relentlessly.
He lived with me for 5 years, then a year ago he got his marital house back and moved back there. Downhill since then. He couldn’t understand why I was so sad.
Finished this morning. Could do with a hand hold

userxx Tue 24-Oct-17 19:12:21

That's shit isn't it, but don't be scared of being single in your 40's you are still young! Maybe time out from men for a while? Why didn't he understand that you were upset!!! Is he not upset at all?

magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 19:28:08

He’s devastated. I don’t think he thought I’d have the nuts to end it

Iris65 Tue 24-Oct-17 19:31:02

I'm 52 and experiencing a similar thing. There are times when I think I should just enter a Nunnery - not that I am looking or even hoping to date. It just all feels a bit hopeless.

userxx Tue 24-Oct-17 19:33:12

With you, I read your post like he ended it with you and didn't understand why you were upset about the break-up. Surely he can't expect you to be happy with him moving back after living together for 5 years. Why didn't he sell the house and stay living with you?

magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 20:03:19

Because he wanted somewhere for his kids to visit him. I understand but they are both in their late teens and down won’t be interested.

magentastights Tue 24-Oct-17 20:04:02

I ended it with him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: