Talk

Advanced search

Spy ware on my mobile?

(13 Posts)
Iamok0303 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:19:46

How do I know if it has been added on there?

MissConductUS Tue 24-Oct-17 13:33:06

Android or apple?

Iamok0303 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:47:49

It’s apple 6s

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:49:58

How would you be able to tell with Android too?

Sorry OP, I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread?

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Tue 24-Oct-17 13:51:11

Google search came up with this:

www.spyzie.com/spy/how-to-detect-spyware-on-iphone.html

MissConductUS Tue 24-Oct-17 13:57:51

There are apps to scan for it on Android. It's quite unlikely on an apple device because the only way to install software on it is to download from the app store, which is highly secure and Apple doesn't let spyware in there.

If you've any doubts at all, wipe the phone clean and set it up again. Applecare can talk you though the process, or there should be plenty of instructions on line.

Iamok0303 Tue 24-Oct-17 14:01:17

Thank you that is a massive help @miss conduct. @ miss to my, ask away, it’s good to know

yetmorecrap Tue 24-Oct-17 14:13:00

Its far more likely with Apple it would be done by non jailbreak using your Apple ID. Is it likley the person knows it? and do you have 2 stage authentication enabled (as its almost impossible to bypass it and no spyware works either when its enabled ) No need to wipe--change your Apple ID immediately, enable 2 factor authentication and dont give it out/write it down etc.

If he has jailbroken the iphone, then somewhere there will be the Cydia icon. do a spotlight search for Cydia (you just drag down from top quickly if you dont know how to do it) To do it though they would have to be quite techy! and have had access for around 10 minutes minimum plus your Apple ID

Hidingtonothing Tue 24-Oct-17 14:15:29

An iPhone would need to have been jailbroken for spyware to be installed so, unless it's been out of your possession long enough to have been taken somewhere to be done it's unlikely.

Isetan Tue 24-Oct-17 14:51:56

There is a way to install spyware or any other non approved Apple software on an iPhone and that’s if it’s been jail broken. Take it to an Apple store to check. In addition, change your Apple password.

Iamok0303 Tue 24-Oct-17 14:55:10

Hmm, yeah will have a propper look. Thanks everyone

yetmorecrap Tue 24-Oct-17 15:01:10

you do not need to jailbreak an iphone to access 'stuff' (although what you can obtain is decreased--texts, calls, contacts, whatsapp etc ) Its limited to whats on an icloud backup essentially. Many of the big spyware players work on non jailbreak these days using icloud details and you dont have to even touch the phone for 1 minute--but you do need the icloud passwork. -- it doesnt work though if apple 2 factor authentication in place -- jailbreaking just means it has more 'stuff' it can access and often can 'listen in' etc . It also invalidates your iphone warranty I believe if jailbroken, however a geeky nerd will be able to tell. In fact, you can tell in quite an easy why--try and downlaod an app off google play that is on the Apple store, if it accepts it, then the phone has been jailbroken

DidianeTougas Tue 06-Mar-18 19:02:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: