Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why can't he make a decision?

(2 Posts)
dogsdinnerlady Tue 24-Oct-17 07:50:03

I am at my wits’ end with DH and his inability to stick to a decision. He is always saying how he would like to have some sort of caravan/motorhome/boat but he won’t consider older and inexpensive models but is reluctant to accept that we can’t afford new ones – so we do nothing. We spend hours visiting dealerships and looking at websites but even when we agree to go ahead with something he decides the next day that he has changed his mind. This happens every time I begin to get excited about the idea.
This has been going on for years. Even when it is something he says he wants to do and I get on board and make suggestions and find ways we could actually DO something real and affordable, he eventually says he has ‘slept on it’ and it’s all a bad idea. I get angry then he goes all silent and I feel as though I have done something wrong.
He is about to retire but has no plans or ideas about how he’s going to spend his time, just says he doesn’t want to be bored. I could get excited about any of these schemes and would love a new adventure as I get older. I feel as though I am being sucked into a future with DH and nothing to look forward to apart from mealtimes.
His favourite expression is ‘I need to think about it’ leaving me out of the decision making process. I think he doesn’t actually want to engage in any of these projects at all – at least now with me.
Sorry about the length, just needed to vent. Thanks.

Shoxfordian Tue 24-Oct-17 07:54:07

Start making some decisions yourself

What do you want to do with your retirement? Its not all about him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now