Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Deadbeats dads that know every trick in the box!

(4 Posts)
donners312 Mon 23-Oct-17 12:27:41

So drained and fucked off.

Two years chasing CM finally got somewhere to find out today after talking to a manager that he now technically owes nothing for them for two months.

No wonder these twats think they are above the law and can do what they want - because they can!!

Just ranting!!! again!!

RedForFilth Mon 23-Oct-17 13:13:50

Unfortunately it is mostly women who are the resident parents and therefore men who should be paying maintenance so nobody cares. If it were the other way around there's no doubt in my mind that maintenance would be collected and harah punishments would be given out.

Myheartbelongsto Mon 23-Oct-17 14:04:42

Here in Ireland its an even bigger joke. The courts just love to give a two months heads up so they can hide their money.

ElsieMc Mon 23-Oct-17 14:15:44

Oh yes, my gs's dad has been made redundant/sacked again and he has spent all of his pay off within a week, every last penny. He has now rung and said he cannot afford to pay anything although I know he already has another job.

He is given a shared care reduction for eow. My gs stays with his parents and he stays one night occasionally equivalent to 24 nights a year. He claims he stays three nights and the CMS believe him and not me. He has even told me he never stays Fridays.

The court order is all. CMS cannot grasp that whilst the non-resident parent is ordered to make the child available, which I always do, he is not and cannot be ordered to attend. A new loophole from an organisation that was meant to close them.

Sympathies with you op.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now