Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Scared to meet someone new after bad history with baby dad.

(3 Posts)
Mummabear16 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:10:26

Morning all. I'm a single mama I suffer from anxiety and depression.

I was with my childs dad for 6 years before leaving him whilst I was pregnant as he was cheating.

I've not properly met someone for 2.5 years now. I've met someone and I'm struggling to keep my emotions together.

Im worried he doesn't like me. I just told him I'm a bit smitten and he's read and ignored the message so im feeling terrible!
It's been ahout 2 months but a few weeks ago he said he was falling for me. I just feel he's a bit hot and cold. Or is he just a typical man?

I just feel worried about having feelings for someone to possibly yet hurt again.

Im all over the place.

My ex reallt messed me around and hasn't saw our baby since he was just days old.

Do you think i should text the new guy and tell him everything I went through previously with my ex etc.

Im not sure how to play it.cool and I'm really struggling with my emotions today.

How were you after meeting someone new? Did you have mixed emotions?

Thanks for listening.xx

Cricrichan Mon 23-Oct-17 10:31:20

I think you should just take it step by step. Get to know each other and see where it leads. Open up to him about your past in the future when you want to but not yet.

Mummabear16 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:46:05

Im just all ovsr the place. My anxiety has been terrible and it's just been a long time since I've dated anyone so i dont know how things work anymore!
I really appreciate your input thank you so much xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now