Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First date in 7 years!!

(5 Posts)
Yetanothernamechange1234 Sun 22-Oct-17 23:43:28

So I have my first date in more than 7 years on Friday!! I'm terrified! Is an "online date" meet up and he sounds and seems amazing..just worried I'm not good enough! I'm a size 16/18 but tall and don't think I look as big;but just looked on his fbook and he seems to have modelesque friends! He's a fair bit older than me and I've sent pics of my face and he's been lovely about me..please give me some confidence I will be ok / find something to talk about!!

Princesspinkgirl Sun 22-Oct-17 23:44:32

Yetanothernamechange1234 im sure your date will love you don't be so hard on urself

Wh1stles Sun 22-Oct-17 23:50:16

you might not like him!
Or you might like him but not like that
Either way you'll have the first date behind you and even if it doesn't lead to anything the second one is easier!

Never mind the staged modelesque friends. I can see an x of mine on POF and he's surrounded by women, they were probably tequila shot girls or something. he worked in a very boring industry and he's in his 50s. They aren't his friends. THAT I know wink

TheNaze73 Mon 23-Oct-17 07:39:18

Don't care about anyone else, just you. You’re the prize & remember he’s privileged to have got a few hours of your time.

Play the game not the occasion, enjoy it & best of luck flowers

cupcakesmakeyouhappy Mon 23-Oct-17 11:56:44

Yetanothernamechange1234 hello smile
I have been single 7 years too but dated on and off for half of that time. It's scary, I remember. I am a size 14-16 and always battled with my confidence until quite recently. Alot of self love and my experience of dating has helped me. At first, I was so hung up on 'will he like me'? 'Will he be disappointed'? 'what if he assumes I'm slimmer irl'? 'What if he likes slimmer women'? Oh jeeze..didnt I beat myself up?! It was a constant battle in my head. Today...its different. Although, not currently dating but I have dated with a different outlook...
'I wonder if I will like him?' I'm looking forward to meeting someone new and see what happens' 'I am good enough and if he doesn't see this then it's not meant to be'.
Op please remember it's all about him impressing you. You are the prize! If he can't see this then Next! Remember to enjoy yourself...dating should be fun smile
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now