Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Asking her to move in

(14 Posts)
faithinthesound Sun 22-Oct-17 14:06:40

And I’m bricking it haha.

Encouragement and support, MN massive?

LilyPondFrog Sun 22-Oct-17 14:08:03

Just ask her! You're probably over-thinking a question that she'll probably say yes to

TheNaze73 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:33:37

Don’t do it unless your 100% sure. You have even the tiniest doubts, don’t do it

Aquamarine1029 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:39:22

Asking your partner to move in should not be this difficult. I suggest examining the reasons as to why it is. I don't think you're ready.

NotTheFordType Sun 22-Oct-17 17:17:43

How long have you been together? Have you discussed this before? Have you spent a long period of time together 24hrs, e.g. a week's holiday?

fantasmasgoria1 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:25:24

Are you bricking it cos you are afraid your partner will say no?

faithinthesound Sun 22-Oct-17 20:45:12

Maybe you’re right.

faithinthesound Sun 22-Oct-17 23:53:48

We’ve been together since before Christmas, except for a very brief period where we fought and separated. (Very brief - less than two weeks before reconciling.)

She spends all her time at my place. I think of the last month, she’s maybe slept at her place six, seven nights? And three of those at least I was at her place with her.

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 22-Oct-17 23:56:49

What did you fight about?

stopbeingadramallama Mon 23-Oct-17 00:00:07

If you’re not 100% don’t ask her.

faithinthesound Mon 23-Oct-17 00:01:59

A misunderstanding.

It was a she said, she said thing, and when we got back together we set some ground rules about communication to make sure we wouldn’t find ourselves in a situation like that again lol. It was stupid really. We both think so. But we’ve been a hundred percent better since.

Aquamarine1029 Mon 23-Oct-17 03:07:48

If you don't feel comfortable having a conversation about living together, you're no where near ready. It really shouldn't be difficult. It's usually a natural progression.

cherrycola2004 Mon 23-Oct-17 06:47:57

I don’t think there’s anything wrong in being a bit nervous. Maybe have a long hard think make sure you’re 100%

Maybe just discuss it like “how would you feel about moving in with me?”

Ellisandra Mon 23-Oct-17 08:31:24

I would not move someone into my home if I had been with them less than (or about?) one year and had split up during that time too. Even if you resolved it and have learned from it, it showed that you didn't have good enough communication to deal with it without a split last time. I wouldn't trust that communication was better now unless that had been tested.
It's one thing if you move in together somewhere new, but this sounds like she'd move in with you? That makes it really hard to split if you want to - because you're now responsible for them losing their home too.

I think - why the rush? You're together all the time anyway. I would wait until you had a longer relationship.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now