Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Seperation property sale

(6 Posts)
Joliv123 Fri 20-Oct-17 22:51:34

Cut a long relationship sadly short, I met my current partner when my kids where young I had my own house with a good amount of equity , we moved onto a new house together with my big deposit and no deposit from him. We had a joint morgage on the new house with a agreement that if we split he would get 20 percent , we paid equally towards the morgage and bills for 8 years , the sock duo due to his redundancy , relocated and bought a new house, he pressed me fir 33per cent 2 years on he wants out. I feel used and conne , what should I do ? I love hi but he won't talk and says I just annoy hi and he wants out , I'm feeling conned

innagazing Fri 20-Oct-17 22:56:55

It's hard to have a view on this without much more information and what the time scales are. Was it a written legal agreement you made?

I think you need to go and see a shit hot lawyer.

I hope it works out well for you.

luckyDuvet Fri 20-Oct-17 23:08:50

It is impossible to know from your post weather or not you have been conned.

LadyLapsang Sat 21-Oct-17 00:51:12

Have you a legal agreement that he should receive 33%?

Bloomed Sat 21-Oct-17 01:01:23

Were you married?

Changedname3456 Sat 21-Oct-17 07:17:38

The fairest split would be the equity, minus your original deposit, minus costs, divided in half. Assuming you’ve made money on the property after moving twice in fairly quick order.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: