Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hate my Partner

(12 Posts)
LittleG7 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:22:15

Need a rant / first post

I’ve joined because I often see loads of people talking on here and supporting each other

At the end of my rope
I hate my partner

We have 2 kids, a boy aged 2 (3in jan) a little girl at 18months (2 in March) and I cannot stand him

He makes my skin crawl. Hate his mannerisms, his personality, his opinions, just generally everything about him. Sometimes when he is talking my heart is shaking where I just want to scream in his face off.

He will deliberately say things he knows pi**es me off. He eats with his mouth open. I have a small bit of OCD with cleanliness and hygiene (it’s being worked on) so he will sit there and f**t next to me. I know it don’t sound like much but I generally am at the point where I could punch him in the face if he talks down to me one more time.

Breaking up isn’t an option.

Just looking for a rant and possibly some coping mechanisms advice on how to live with a lazy good for nothing slob

MyBrilliantDisguise Thu 19-Oct-17 21:24:22

Can you tell us why breaking up isn't an option?

Pinkknickers Thu 19-Oct-17 21:25:27

Why is breaking up not an option?

LittleG7 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:26:49

Of course, it’s no secret. We have 2 kids, we have tried it a few times and he literally stalks me until I let him home.

2 young children and I have a job and can not afford the child care without him. Also wouldn’t want to put them both in full time school while I work and obviously couldn’t afford to not have a job.

Pretty much the only reason.

ninjacastle Thu 19-Oct-17 21:31:27

Being in a lot of childcare is so much better for the dc mental health and wellbeing than witnessing such an unhealthy relationship. Speaking from bitter experience.

Stalking you til you let him back is criminal behaviour.

JD360 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:37:53

You may get help with child care if you are a single parent depending on how much you earn. This sounds terrible you deserve to be happy

LittleG7 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:45:56

I don’t qualify for free child care as I earn too much and I don’t show it around my children. I work 9-5 walk through the door and he walks out to work. We get every other Sunday together and I have Friday and Saturday alone with the kids

LittleG7 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:46:39

Which is great by the way. I love our days together smile

ninjacastle Thu 19-Oct-17 21:49:22

I'm not surprised you hate him. He stalked you til you gave in. You sound like you feel totally trapped.

TheFifthKey Thu 19-Oct-17 21:52:47

You can get help with childcare as a single parent earning a surprising amount. I never thought I'd get help but I qualify for tax credits even on what I regard as a very decent salary.

SandyY2K Thu 19-Oct-17 22:08:43

How would you manage if he died and there was no life insurance?

Life's too short to live with a man you can't stand. Or can you tell him you want to live together for the kids and not have a romantic relationship with him.

You would both be free to see other people.

LittleG7 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:29:11

I’ve already checked
I qualify for absolutely no help at all.

Yep certainly do feel trapped but I’m happy I have my babies as they make everything ok on our days together and our evenings are wonderful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now