Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wedding witnesses needed in Liverpool

(20 Posts)
MrsStrauli Thu 19-Oct-17 15:23:24

Hello,

Me and the LOML are getting married at Liverpool Town Hall on the 11th January at 10am.

For various reasons - personal preference, family stuff, $$$ - we're making it just the two of us and then getting straight on a plane to stuff our faces with pasta in Sicily.

I'm so excited about getting married to him (I have kissed ALL the frogs) and the wedding is the perfect one for us. BUT...we have a problem with witnesses. We would ask friends but we've only just moved to Liverpool so can't ask our friends to travel for what will be a thirty-minute ceremony! Besides, if we ask one and not others there will be fireworks - and not the happy wedding type.

So, we were wondering if any hopeless romantic would like to help a couple in love? It will take about 30 minutes I'd imagine and in return, I'll offer eternal gratitude, a bottle of fizz and cake!

If you can help us out - or can think of another way out've this loophole! - do get in touch smile

Theworldisfullofidiots Thu 19-Oct-17 15:30:05

I wish I could but you are too far away. I'm sure someone will come along soon! Congratulations!!

JayoftheRed Thu 19-Oct-17 15:37:40

This is actually really romantic. Sadly I'm at the other end of the country, but I hope someone will come forward!

MrsStrauli Thu 19-Oct-17 15:40:13

Thank you both! I'm hopeful. I'd love to do it myself so I'm hoping there'll be other hopeless romantics who fancy it smile

areyouanappliance Thu 19-Oct-17 15:45:31

I will smile

MrsStrauli Thu 19-Oct-17 15:58:54

Thank you @areyouanappliance (can't figure how to link that!) but actually someone already messaged so we're all sorted smile

So happy it was so easy - the only thing I was a wee bit nervous about. Now I can just look forward to the day and try to limit myself to a single Terry Chocolate Orange a day during December grin

Hooray for romantics! x

areyouanappliance Thu 19-Oct-17 16:00:16

Have a fabulous day ♥️

Grimmfebruary Thu 19-Oct-17 16:01:50

I'm not where near but I think your wedding sounds wonderful! Congratulations and all the best on your big day 💕

MrsStrauli Thu 19-Oct-17 16:39:20

Thank you all! So excited for the day now [hearts]

strongasmeringue Thu 19-Oct-17 18:15:28

That's a bit disappointing. Within minutes it's sorted. Was hoping for a thread like we've had in the past...... KOMH for those that have long memories.

Hope the day goes well. Congratulations.

LesisMiserable Thu 19-Oct-17 22:28:50

I'm guessing you mean St. Georges Hall? In which case I got married there in July and it was lovely, excited for you and would happily be a witness for you if for whatever reason the other person falls through.

scotchpie Thu 19-Oct-17 22:43:17

I'll do it if the witnesses back out.

Offred Fri 20-Oct-17 09:13:32

I could also do it if witnesses back out. Just PM if needed. Congrats.

Offred Fri 20-Oct-17 09:15:02

(And no, I presume the town hall is the town hall, near to moorfields)

PutOnAHappyFace Fri 20-Oct-17 09:18:09

This is so romantic. Wish I had got in before everyone else.

Congratulations.

MrsStrauli Fri 20-Oct-17 17:50:23

Ah you are all lovely! Thank you so much. I think it's romantic - it's right for us anyhow - and the stress we have avoided...!

Thank you all again...this is going to be a lovely 'wedding story'!
x

efc1878 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:09:11

How lovely and I will be a back up if needed! I know a few people who have married at town hall and it's a lovely venue.

scotchpie Fri 20-Oct-17 19:10:45

Can we all come & watch (only kidding)

MrsStrauli Fri 20-Oct-17 19:30:49

Haha! Imagining our pals and family find out that not only did we get married without them but we invited loads of lovely Mumsnet folks grin

It's been so nice to have such a good response though - renews your faith in good old romantics!

ForeverAcrossTheOcean Fri 20-Oct-17 19:51:00

Congrats! So romantic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now