Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is blocking/NC the only way?

(12 Posts)
dinnerdatedisaster Thu 19-Oct-17 15:13:06

I was seeing a guy for a year. It turns out he wasn’t who I thought he was at all, and I have now ended the relationship. I have deleted him and blocked him on Facebook, but haven’t yet blocked him on WhatsApp or my phone. That’s the only way to get over him, isn’t it? To have no contact and stop looking 100 times a day when he was last on WhatsApp? It feels so “final” even though I know there’s no going back from this anyway. I feel sad that it’s ends like this and that I feel the need to block him in order to shit him out of my life. Social media never existed when previous relationships ended so I don’t know what to do!!

MrsPestilence Thu 19-Oct-17 15:16:38

Yep you got it. BLOCK HIM.

Take a step away from social media, you will want to cheat and have a peep (it is human nature). Get a big book to read and take up some distracting hobby, exercise class (try Bollywood). You can do it flowers

Grimmm Thu 19-Oct-17 15:28:26

Blocking makes me so sad. Why is it now just accepted than we can remove people from our lives like they didnt exist?

Sorry thats not helpful- just a thought.

dinnerdatedisaster Thu 19-Oct-17 15:43:38

grimm 15 years ago when I was last single, Facebook didn’t exist. WhatsApp didn’t exist. I couldn’t access an ex so easily —unless I wanted to drive past their house and see what they were up to—. Blocking is not to stop him contacting me, he could still email me if he really wanted to contact me. But it’s more for my own sanity. I don’t want to keep looking at his Facebook to be told what he is up to or who he is out with, yet I still find myself being drawn to doing that. Similarly I don’t want to waste my time looking to see when he was last on whatsapp, but I keep doing that too. So it’s not to stop him contacting me, but to stop me being obsessed with him.

Joysmum Thu 19-Oct-17 16:45:57

I think you answered your own question in your 15:43 post dinnerdatedisaster

Well done Grimmm, your reverse psychology worked a treat wink

AndTheBandPlayedOn Thu 19-Oct-17 17:08:03

It is in the past (however recent past). Leave it there and live in the present.

Aminuts23 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:50:49

Join the thread 30 days NC. Loads of support there for exactly this

dinnerdatedisaster Thu 19-Oct-17 19:06:44

Ah thanks aminuts I’ll do that

Backtoblack1 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:51:26

Been through this a million times with the man I’m seeing. I last about five days. You have to be really headstrong. Good luck x

dinnerdatedisaster Fri 20-Oct-17 08:29:47

You last about 5 days before you contact him? I’m definitely not going back. Maybe the amount of checking will just reduce in time.

Backtoblack1 Sat 21-Oct-17 22:24:02

Yes five days but he always contacts me

Backtoblack1 Sat 21-Oct-17 22:24:15

How are things with you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now