Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Straying thoughts

(5 Posts)
HolYee Thu 19-Oct-17 08:30:03

Hey girls, I'm in a bit of a mess. I've been with my partner for over three years now but I having thoughts about other guys, at the gym, in the street, on TV. I can't help it. I'm also 31 now so it feels like I should be settling down. I know that he wants to and I love him and we'd both be heartbroken if we split up. We're living together now which I love but I find it hard sometimes not being able to spend as much time out with my friends. The last straw I guess and the reason I'm here is last night I was touching myself with him asleep next to me after he was a bit too tired for some fun. This is the first proper relationship I've had. Can I work through this?
Thank you
Xx

User02 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:45:07

Different sex drive levels?

rumred Thu 19-Oct-17 14:08:16

Being 31 doesn't mean you have to get married, have kids, settle down etc. Anything you want to do is OK, I don't mean cheating but leaving a relationship that has passed its sell by date is OK.
If you are unsure about what you want,
consider counselling and or talking to a friend about your feelings

ferando81 Thu 19-Oct-17 14:38:48

If you love him don't cheat on him

HolYee Thu 19-Oct-17 15:56:13

Thank you everyone. I think I do have a higher sex drive but I can control it. What I really get tempted by is the rush from getting with someone else. I know that's terrible but for example when I'm having a massage (which I don't tell my bf about because I know he would be jealous) I just think about the excitement when the massage guy touches me..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now