Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH has anger issues

(10 Posts)
hazbaz Wed 18-Oct-17 23:19:11

Please help me, I can't think straight. I've just got home from a night out to have my 6 yo tell me (when I woke him for a wee) that his dad punched a hole in the wall because DS "accidentally" threw a sock at him. He has never hit me but he does have anger issues, we have 2 boys. I have to make him do something don't i? This is not what normal people do is it?!

gamerchick Wed 18-Oct-17 23:21:04

No it isnt.

He frightened your bairn. You know what to do.

MyBrilliantDisguise Wed 18-Oct-17 23:22:56

She's right. You know what to do. Children come first.

BetterGoNowMary Wed 18-Oct-17 23:23:12

He doesn't have anger issues, he is abusive. What you have described is abuse.

Wolfiefan Wed 18-Oct-17 23:26:17

No it's not what normal people do. You know that.

fc301 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:26:19

I would think if he can punch a hole in a wall in response to a flying sock then none of you are safe there. Sorry.

hazbaz Wed 18-Oct-17 23:27:55

Oh god, I'm so scared I feel sick. I keep pretending to everyone that everything is ok & I feel so stupid & alone

Venusflytwat Wed 18-Oct-17 23:30:02

Ok. Try not to freak out, I know that sounds impossible. You can make a plan, you CAN get out of this.

What could your first step be?
Do you own/rent?
Are you married?
Do you have supportive friends or family nearby?
Does he?

hazbaz Wed 18-Oct-17 23:32:21

I'm going to see my mum on Fri, she lives 200 miles away, for some of half term so I get some headspace.

hazbaz Wed 18-Oct-17 23:33:27

He's not British so no family nearby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now