Talk

Advanced search

Husband told son they are both leaving

(6 Posts)
Petulantchild21 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:51:30

Just returned from a short business trip to be told by my teenage son that his dad is going to move an hour away and take my son with him after Christmas. My son admits he just goes along with his dad because it's easier as his dad can get quite shouty and doesn't give up. My husband hasn't mentioned it to me and he threatened to leave a few years ago when I stood up to him after years of shouting and controlling. He has started the emotional and psychological abuse again and when I stood up to him he decided to take it a step further. From past experience, I feel he is doing this as a way to punish me knowing I'd be worried about my son being manipulated. Any advice on next steps?

MagicFajita Wed 18-Oct-17 20:54:37

Legal advice op , you need to seek it now.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 18-Oct-17 20:55:05

What does your d's want?

AtSea1979 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:55:23

Does your son want to live with him? If he wants to live with his dad then I don't think there's much you can do. I suggest you work on empowering your son to stand up for what he actually wants.

GummyGoddess Wed 18-Oct-17 20:55:27

Get your financials sorted and then you make the first move towards a split. If he's leaving anyway you might as well benefit from the warning, and you can keep an eye on your ds.

jeaux90 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:55:37

Your son has a legal voice from aged 10 so go and see a solicitor sharpish. They consider the children's views from this age in family court.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: