Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Finding out he's cheated

(7 Posts)
deludedanddazed Wed 18-Oct-17 11:29:30

New to this.

Just want to know if anyone has any experiences of setting a trap to find out if your partner has cheated. Found out they have and then worked through the issues and got back together.

Beerwench Wed 18-Oct-17 11:46:34

I haven't set a trap as such but I was prepared to go to any length I needed to to prove what I knew so I could confront him with irrefutable evidence. He denied everything and talked his way out of the small discrepancies that raised my suspicions, so I got absolute proof. Yes we tried to work through it, it was hard. Just when I thought we'd cracked it I found out he was at it again. That was the end for me.
Think long and hard about what you want to do, the circumstances around the infidelity are important too, follow your instincts - they're usually spot on.

cakecakecheese Wed 18-Oct-17 12:47:48

A trap? That sounds a bit elaborate, have you confronted him? Or checked his phone etc?

Also if you think you'll take him back anyway is it worth it?

Ohmygodeverynameisfuckinginuse Wed 18-Oct-17 13:33:54

I set a trap for an ex once. We were young around 18-19. He went out on a stag do.
The next day I got my friend to send a flirty message. He didn’t have her number. He responded by flirting back and arranging to meet with her.
I ended things the following day.
One of my friends tracked their now ex on an iPhone? Tracked him all the way to the other woman’s house.
What kind of trap do you have in mind? Do you really want to go through with it?

Sooooooooooooooooooooo Wed 18-Oct-17 14:54:34

Are you wanting to work it out regardless of what you find? I don’t think I could.

ravenmum Wed 18-Oct-17 15:36:04

I didn't set a trap but I did find his email password and use it. By that stage he was already getting ready to move out, but the evidence was useful just to find out what was actually going on, as he was denying everything and laying all the blame on me.

At the time I'd also thought of using our cat tracker device to track him :D but he would have know what I was up to if he'd seen it in the car. I did get it out, though, and when he saw it you could almost see the sweat break out on his forehead. Someone else I know used a key tracker and it worked. They didn't stay together either.

Lavenderfly Sat 04-Nov-17 22:14:38

I haven’t, but why do you ask OP, are you planning something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now