Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship with DM

(2 Posts)
TribbleWithoutACause Wed 18-Oct-17 07:46:24

So I've previously posted about my relationship with my Mother and got some real talk here (parentified child etc).

So basically, I'm low contact with my Mum. I don't speak to her unless she initiates contact, and to be honest, she hasn't so far. However, we're friends on FB and she's evidently discovered messenger. I've had a few odds and a like from her on it. Nothing too earth shattering.

However, I sort of forget she can see my Facebook and it sort of blindsides me when she suddenly pops up on my notifications. Last night, I had some funny old dreams because of the messenger thing. The last time she contacted me, I woke my husband screaming from nightmares.

You know, if I was talking this way about a bloke I'd broken up with you'd tell me to block that person and unfriend etc. Yet, as its my Mum, somehow it's different with a whole essay like appendix. 🙄

katmarie Wed 18-Oct-17 12:34:30

You don’t need to unfriend, you can just unfollow. She shouldn’t come up in your notifications then but won’t know you’ve unfollowed her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: