Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why do i turn crazy when i like someone?

(4 Posts)
workisrubbish1710 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:47:06

How do I stop being so needy? i'm at work so I'm kind of secretly typing, apologies.

I have known this guy for ages, he has pursued me on and off for a few years, I kept him at arms length coz I dated his friend years before. I always called him my friend but we always had $ hour long phone calls. We recently got back in touch and I admitted that I had always liked him. Things went from there, we decided pretty quickly to get together, I appreciated him being straightforward because most guys aren't. Hes currently working away but we would have 5 hour phone calls, he is so sweet and always calls me his, always making the effort to talk Now things have changed and hs online but not messaging me, it will take some time for him to reply, he still calls me his, and makes it clear how hes feeling. I have even asked him if anything has changed and he denies it. But I feel so irrational already, I feel unsure and need assurance constantly. he hasn't messaged today and I feel like we're completely over. I'm generally cool and receive attention from men so its not like I'm desperate
How do I calm the hell down before I scare him away?

user1480334601 Tue 17-Oct-17 18:43:47

If the worst case scenario happened and you ended, life would go on. Try keep it in perspective and focus on you,he's just a guy at the end of the day.

That said, if he isn't communicating the way you'd like a partner to, you may not be compatible?

I know this is all way more easier said than done! But when I think back on guys in my past who made me crazy, I see them from the other side and they really weren't worth getting myself stressed over

MiracleCure Wed 18-Oct-17 08:30:59

I get like this, too. As PP have said, try to think back to previous exes and how unspecial they are. I read once on here “give him clay feet”, I.e. remind yourself of his flaws. Mix with other people. Remember there are billions of people on this planet and many good looking men out there. Nobody is irreplaceable.

The above can make us old romantics cynical, but it helps to keep realistic. If it happens, it happens!

TheNaze73 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:43:03

I agree with Miracle

Don’t create problems for yourself that don’t need to exist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now