Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I being too kiddish

(9 Posts)
gg1234 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:34:03

I already have a kid and my hubby is just pushing me to plan for another in years time since my age is running out to have kids.My only one will soon start reception and it will be easier to manage he said .But the problem is I dont want more kids .I am done and my hubby really screams at me and says that I am being very selfish .I dont understand that fact that only having 1 kid is a Selfish Act.Men never ever help in bringing up children and now that soon I have some time for me I want to go back to work rather waste more years .At the same time I want to hear from others if this decision is fine or is really Selfish .I might later realize it was good or not good so just want some advice .

Regards

Gg

Aquamarine1029 Tue 17-Oct-17 04:59:40

If you don't want another child, then you don't and that's your right. It's also your husband's right to want more children. Unless you can agree, you have some very big decisions to make.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 17-Oct-17 05:07:10

It's not true that men never ever help in bringing up children. My DH was a lone parent for years after his exW left him and the kids - and he has been a great parent to our DS, very hands on and doing the majority of childcare while I have been able to concentrate on my career. I may just be lucky but I'm sure there are lots of people out there in a similar position.

However if you don't want another child, then that is your right. It's you that would have to carry the child for 9 months, give birth, and it sounds like in your relationship do the lions share of childcare. It's not selfish to only have one child. But it's also OK for your partner to want another - it doesn't mean that his desires trump yours though.

Lagerthaisfabulous Tue 17-Oct-17 05:43:36

Its fine to not want another child.

Its fine to want one. Its not fine to scream at you about it.

You are wrong about men never ever 'help' in bringing up kids. I know loads who do. Including my dh and my dad. But they dont call it helping.

If he doesnt do anything then thats an issue and makes his wanting another child, makes him selfish.

Shoxfordian Tue 17-Oct-17 05:59:52

It's not selfish to decide you only want one child

Your husband sounds nasty. Does he usually scream at you if you disagree about something?

Looserwoman Tue 17-Oct-17 07:20:25

Is your child his?

Bluntness100 Tue 17-Oct-17 07:24:15

In thr game of kids, the one who doesn’t want one wins. There is no way you should be forced to have another child, it would potentially be a disaster as you could resent it. Your husband should not be trying to force you, never mind screaming at you, what an arsehole.

AdalindSchade Tue 17-Oct-17 07:27:15

So - you have one child already which your husband doesn't share the work with
You don't want another but your husband screams at you to force you to have one
Time to leave. Take your child and leave, and live your own life. Your husband is abusive and trying to force you into having a baby you don't want.

MrsBertBibby Tue 17-Oct-17 07:38:17

Does he tell you your time is running out? What a charmer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now