Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

It's very complicated with kids involved isn't it?

(8 Posts)
blubberball Sun 15-Oct-17 06:07:08

I had a bad day yesterday. I just wanted to feel safe and relieved by the end of the day. Instead I got anger, blame and rejection. DH is Very cold to me, won't hug or kiss me, keeps telling me to just go. I want to just go somewhere, even though I really have no where to go. Both of our dc have issues and sn. So I really don't want to fuck up their lives any more. I just don't know what to do.

moomookachu Sun 15-Oct-17 06:15:39

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through such a rubbish time flowershugsflowers

I’m going through a similar hard time with my husband at the moment and he’s messing with my head too.

Easier said than done but try to let him be a give him space, and focus on looking after you and your children.

Sorry I haven’t got any other advice xx

blubberball Sun 15-Oct-17 06:21:49

It's funny, I just replied to your thread too. smile

blubberball Sun 15-Oct-17 06:23:37

I have had depression too. Counseling is probably a good idea.

Mummyoflittledragon Sun 15-Oct-17 06:39:32

Was he always like this?

He sounds overwhelmed if the “just go” is in relation to you struggling to cope. Dh has been the same about me. I’m the chronically ill one though and it’s me not coping with looking after dd. I should just go out, check myself into a hotel. Noooo I just want to go to bed.

blubberball Sun 15-Oct-17 09:29:18

I feel you mummyoflittledragon. He can't really cope. He's never been terribly helpful tbh. He does what he feels like doing, and no more than that. He thinks that I should do the same, but I'm always thinking of other people. Our take our ds to all of his appointments and activities for his benefit. Of course I don't feel like doing it, but I do it any way. DH always says I do too much, but he definitely doesn't want to muck in and help.

Mummyoflittledragon Sun 15-Oct-17 19:04:48

Thanks. My dh is a lot better now. In fact quite the opposite a lot of the time. It took lots of texts and emails to get him listening though.

What would happen if you went out for the day?

honeylulu Sun 15-Oct-17 19:07:57

What does he mean by "just go"? Does he want you to leave the house/marriage? (With or without the children?)
Our does he mean he wants you to go out and give him some space?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now